Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you people explain what fight you were watching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    I honestly couldn't beilive hbo gave the 1st to Jacobs. Jacobs literally did nothing that round but move, GGG did noting but was the one leading and landed a jab.
    not much happened in the 1st. jacobs landed a couple of little pokes to the body and when i say poke i mean pokes as they had nothin on them. ggg rocked jacobs head back two times in the last ten seconds of the round as well as landing jabs throughout the round. i dont see any way jacobs won that....

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      ggg had jacobs doing the zab judah in the 9th so how could he win that one? and maybe round 2,3, 8, and 10 were for ggg? not so much a robbery when you look at everything.
      So Jacobs only won round 6 and 11???

Comment

Danny flashy but inaccurate and knocked down and damaged more, GGG's jab dominated

115-112 GGG not even close to a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Boxing scoring is subjective. There's no scoreboard in this "sport". A basket doesn't equal 2 points and a goal isn't one point.

You dudes drive yourselves crazy trying to shove your opinions as facts down everybody's throats. These 7-5/8-4 fights can be swung in the other direction by disagreements on a round or 2.

It all comes down to a combination of who and what you like better.

Both these guys fought well and will go on to earn multi-million dollar paydays.
          Very well said

Comment

Originally posted by 13777 View Post

That gray hair is proof that Golovkin got old overnight.

Comment

Ggg won the fight. People seem to be in shock that the number 2 middleweight took the number 1 the distance. I told everyone Jacobs was a threat but people dismissed me.was Unbeaten in 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                you have to remember most people who are slick fans think simply surviving=winning. they think if a guy is playing keep away that means hes winning but a boxing matchc is scored based on punches and for example in roudn 1 ggg landed more punches, landed better punches yet many gave it to jacobs because he kept away from ggg for the most part.
                Yeah. I thought he took round one as well. But good lord, every poster on here swore Jacobs took it, except for Loadwraps I think. He kept it real the whole fight, as did you.

Comment

jacobs fans are losers

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    I think those wide barrages jacobs was throwing that mostly landed on GGG's arms were being counted as aggression (or even as landed punches?) by a lot of people and GGG was so low output that there was tension about him letting rounds slip... still he slightly edged out the meaningful shots and got a knockdown

definitely wasn't GGG's best performance but other than showing up huge jacobs didn't really do anything exceptional either

would say rematch but i'd much rather seen ggg canelo and i think everyone else would too
                    I think there is something in this. Certainly there was the tension that he was letting rounds slip and i think in a sense it kinda swayed the way i viewed the fight. Instead of seeing what Golovkin may or may not have been doing...all i could think of during each passing round was...this must be the round he knocks ehim out. I was becoming so absorbed by impatience that when it never happened i felt deflated...kinda let down in a way. Golovkins air of invincibilty may have gone...but i still believe in him as a fighter and am glad he has finally found a level where he is going to have work rather than go thru the motions. This could be the beginning of some serious challenges and i hope he hasnt been spooked. Having said that...well done danny...that was some good looking shoe shining...but jab up and jab down was just a distraction...not a fight plan.

Comment

This fight strikes a lot of similarities to Floyd/Manny back in 2015. Exact same technical issues.

Always thought that was debatable and I feel the same here.

Comment

Working...
                      X