No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    I think both sides of the Ward-Kovalev spat are getting a feel for the other side's situation now.

that was no robbery

Danny Jacobs won !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
      Golovkin still the champ. Jacobs didn't win this fight
      Yet another US based American hater.

You mofos are like lice....literally.

Comment

• Jacobs was fast as hell tonight, GGG was weary of those counters.

Jacobs had a great game plan using his length/movement/counters to not let GGG get into his rhythm.

Also Golovkin slowed down in the second half of the fight, Jacobs did some great body work.

I didn't score it but I didn't think the decision was bad, I need to re-watch it and score it.

Comment

• roberry???? ha no

ggg looked llike **** but still won the fight

Comment

• very close fight GGG edged it with a knock down!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
              Congratulations to all you rednecks out there. Your great white hope is still "undefeated"...
              He's not white.

Comment

• Robbery Jacobs made GGG look like an amateur for most of the fight. Marvin Hagler would have killed GGG and sent him back to his mother land in a box.

Comment

• not a robbery at all. it was a very close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                    That was a terrible performance by GGG, he looked disengaged, uninterested, methodical and robotic. Danny Jacobs was awesome. What really separated him from GGG- was his energy. His motor was on 1000%. He was fighting with so much intensity and passion, constantly taunting GGG and getting hyped after rounds.

With that said, in his absolute worst fight, GGG still did enough to win, IMO. He definitely did not get outboxed all night like people are saying. That's ridiculous lol. GGG outlanded Jacobs like 75-25 in jabs?

I think Jacobs energy and intensity created the illusion that he was doing more than he was. There's no doubt he fought a great fight, but I don't think GGG was ever really in trouble. Jacobs definitely neutralized GGG's activity with his movement and offensive retaliation after nice defensive maneuvers, but GGG was comfortable picking Jacobs off with his jab for 12 rounds.

I think GGG looked bad in the sense that he did not fight to his styles full capability tonight, however, I must say... I am pretty impressed that he managed to get a decision against an elite boxer. I mean, that's basically the toughest test there is for GGG out there aside from Ward? It was his first time seeing an elite boxer with those skills, and even though his "seek and destroy" was not so destructive tonight, he managed to adapt, stay patient and win in a way we haven't seen in a long time. GGG's jab is the only thing that kept him in the fight, and he worked it perfectly.
                    You're trying too hard.

Comment

• I would question the wisdom of Golovkin going to 168 after tonight. For one thing he might be too small. And if he can't get his jab going he's going to struggle against a taller guy who moves.

Comment

Working...
                      X