No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    All these "robbery" screaming clowns thought either Ward beat Kovalev or Danny was robbed against Thurman. Enough said.
    I have the same thought as you

Comment

• Jacobs gameplan was to win close RDS and put it in the hands of the judges....no one to blame but himself. Never seen a bigger heavier fighter move and back away frm a fighter who's supposedly a hype job.

Comment

• re watched round 11 and 12. GGG was better. waiting for compubox stats

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          and Hopkins ?

which reminds me..... I gotta go revisit that "GGG can beat Hopkins, honest" thread
          GGG could not beat the greats he was compared to imagine what Roy Jones would do, he was great knocking over B+ opponents the first MW he meets that can really fight and its razor thin, its obvious why they ducked Ward, I feel Ward would win every round.

Excellent technical fight both not wanting to do anything stupid I thought DJ got it but its one of those fights that could go either way and you got to except it, it definitely showed where Gennady is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
            Mayweather landed over a hundred more punches than Maidana. You are just a super biased Mayweather hater. You wouldn't even bring that fight up in this thread three years later if not.
            Yawn! He got out hustled and spanked. Meanwhile GGG won tonight and you haters can't handle it. LMFAO!

Comment

• Great fight. I had it 6 rounds each. Jacobs won the "fight" as in landed more power punches. Jacobs was also swinging wider and harder but not everything landed. I think Danny was shook more times than GGG, but Danny did the flashier more eye-catching work ... the rounds he won he did so in a more eye-catching way.

There should be a rematch but there probably won't be one as long as the Canelo effect is in play.

If Danny just had a bit stronger chin and would've stayed up he'd have drawn the fight.

Take aways -
              Danny is most definitely far better than any other MW not named Golovkin.
              Golovkin is vulnerable to great foot work and fast hands. No way he'd fare well against DeGale.

Point of interest. Just how much did Jacobs weigh in there? - it may be that he came in as heavy as a SMW at 180+.

Comment

• GGG won clear.
                Outlanded+knockdown+cutting off the ring+Jacobs running+being the champ
                Jacobs didn't beat GGG by any metric
                You have to BEAT the champ.
                He tried to steal a decision, you can't get away with that when you are the challenger.

Comment

• I honestly think GGG was sandbagging.

1. He needs that canelo fight.

2. he was spoken to. HUUUUUUUUUGE i mean HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE money went into the fight not going the distance. I'm a handicapper, let me tell you it's in the millions at my books. the books cleared it all.

Comment

• GGG ****ING GOAT MW OF ALL TIME. WOW!!! I had it even w/the KD for GGG. 115-113. Jacobs is great MW champ. Def #2 in the world. I'm a big DJ fan now will watch all PBC cards w/him from now on. Close fight good decision.

Comment

• Come on guys it wasn't a robbery. A fair fight with GGG just edging out with jabs along with a knock down. Kudos to both. And Jacobs have always been a fantastic gifted talent, I very much expected this to go the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X