No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Drops, Decisions Roman Gonzalez in Big Upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Absurd you don't give away nothing when you break a compubox record at these lighter weights - he double if not tripped in jab and power punches from what Rungvisai landed.

Anyone that studies film or makes highlights on youtube can study the film and select the clean punches between the two and I assure you as I already done the work they would not equal. Then we need to take into consideration the other principles in judging criteria ; defense, ring-generalship -- who used the ring who was defensive minded? whos technique had more success in the fight? remember headbutts are not a part of boxing, holding is not allowed.

All I heard was that Rungvisai was the bigger man and that his punches 'hurt' more -- yeah naturally being bigger they would. The problem is we are going by boxing criteria : clean punches, effective aggression ( not reckless aggression ). If RG landed a two punch combo and Rungvisai land one good shot according to their logic Rungvisai would win -- never mind his poor defense whilst Gonzalez was picking off shots, rollings, ducking, blocking ect...these standards are ridiculous.
    Hey I thought Gonzalez won but he definately started fighting late in some of the rounds.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 03-24-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Hey I thought Gonzalez won but he definately started fighting late in some if the rounds.
      I edit film and done the work in HD slowmotion I also share many gifs demonstrating 'Chocolatitos' superior defense and clean punching and I repeat on the last page a poster shared the punch count video supporting the compubox results.

Comment

I edit film and done the work in HD slowmotion I also share many gifs demonstrating 'Chocolatitos' superior defense and clean punching and I repeat on the last page a poster shared the punch count video supporting the compubox results.
        Yeah but the judges don't have the luxury of slow mo. I'm just trying to figure out what cost Gonzalez the fight in the judges eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Yeah but the judges don't have the luxury of slow mo. I'm just trying to figure out what cost Gonzalez the fight in the judges eyes.
          Well I hate to be sexes but two of the judges were women OH!!! I WENT THERE BABY!!!

Comment

Well I hate to be sexes but two of the judges were women OH!!! I WENT THERE BABY!!!
            I wish I could give you green K for that. Back to the topic at hand. I am not sure what these dudes watch but to say the thai was bullying Chocolatito is beyond a stretch Again, it was a close fight but Roman should have won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              I wish I could give you green K for that. Back to the topic at hand. I am not sure what these dudes watch but to say the thai was bullying Chocolatito is beyond a stretch Again, it was a close fight but Roman should have won.
              I completely changed my opinion after I watched this many times in slowmotion and considering all the evidence ( stats included ) and circumstance namely the flash knockdown due to head clash and that being nullified with the point deduction yet the Thai kept cutting Gonzalez -- so at this point I'm calling it a robbery ; I said it was close watching live with my party but even then we had RG winning. So yes ROBBERY, when you land over 30 punches and the other guy lands about 10-11 and keep in mind that these guys are not throwing jabs...but the judges still give the round to the crude fighter.....yeah ROBBERY.
              Last edited by 1hourRun; 03-24-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X