Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you rank higher Tommy Morrison,Gerry Cooney or GGG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    LOL I thought you knew boxing better than this Larry. GGG is ahead of both byyy faarrr, he's undeafeated and has won everything by devastating beat down

It's like asking who do you rank higher, zab Judah, floyd mayweather, or shane mosley..
    but both have far better wins

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      title defenses?? most of them are regular title defenses..this guy has been created and fed to us..his defense number is a crock of ****..who did he dominate?? fringe contenders? like they say..feed people **** long enough they will learn to love it
      Ok well name all the title defenses of Morrison and cooney,,,

how long did they defend?

Who did they dominant?

Comment

My opinion is that GGG is a more complete boxer than Gerry and Tommy. Both Gerry and Tommy had terrific power in their left hooks but GGG has power in both hands. He is a much better boxer than either of them being successful as an international amateur and pro competitor.
        He understands his methodology and his techniques are geared for success in his approach to dominating.
        His basics are stronger than theirs and his willingness is greater although he hasn't been tested the way both of them were.
        I like a career to be completed before trying to guess an ending result.
        I think he's more complete in all phases of the game.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          My opinion is that GGG is a more complete boxer than Gerry and Tommy. Both Gerry and Tommy had terrific power in their left hooks but GGG has power in both hands. He is a much better boxer than either of them being successful as an international amateur and pro competitor.
          He understands his methodology and his techniques are geared for success in his approach to dominating.
          His basics are stronger than theirs and his willingness is greater although he hasn't been tested the way both of them were.
          I like a career to be completed before trying to guess an ending result.
          I think he's more complete in all phases of the game.

Ray
          Don't bring facts and logic into a thread like this.

Comment

I do it a lot, it's a huge fault on my part on this forum.

Comment

My answer will be biased because of my belief that boxing's talent pool grew dramatically as it spread/was legalized internationally and a lot of these American legends would be borderline crap today.
              Last edited by ////; 03-17-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                My answer will be biased because of my belief that boxing's talent pool grew dramatically as it spread/was legalized internationally and a lot of these American legends would be borderline crap today.
                I wouldn't exactly say tommy or cooney are American legends....

American legends are:
                Greb
                Robinson
                Leonard
                Hearns
                Ali
                Tyson
                Etc

Comment

GGG. It's a stupid, childish question you already know the answer to. Normally you are a terrific poster I have the greatest respect for.When it comes to GGG you turn into an unfair, prejudice nut. Did either Tommy or Gerry win 400 amateur fights? Did either of them win an Olympic silver medal? Did either of them defend a world title successfully 17 times, all by KO? Did either of them score 23 KOs in a row? Were either of them undefeated? Were either of them never knocked down in any amateur or pro fight they ever had? GGG is much better than either of them. That is my answer to your foolish question you shouldn't have asked in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X