Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 29 Klitschko VS Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there's too much rust on Wlad. AJ is stiff and a bit clumsy with his feet, but is Wlad capable of pulling the trigger? A few years back I'd pick him no problem, but I think he's there to be taken out now. He's too cautious and tentative. He might walk AJ onto something but I get the feeling AJ will get there first.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah for this one i would.
      It shouldn't go the distance but I think it's a possibility. I can see Wlad being insanely cautious for 7 or 8 rounds. AJ probably won't bum rush him as that's asking for trouble, and as such decent exchanges might be few and far between. Wlad won't press the action, even if AJ is tired and it could become a dull jabbing contest down the stretch.

I don't think that will happen but I wouldn't be too surprised if it did. Wlad has the experience to make it happen and AJ might not have the craft to prevent it.

Comment

• I am very, very confident Joshua will win

Wlad still has the power but not the commitment to take punches and risks. He's a very rich old fighter who has been fighting cautiously too long and it's too late to change. He also won't have a ref who will indulge his clinching (this is a Matchroom production), which is a big point people are overlooking. This isn't going to be allowed to be a jab and grab fest.

After a couple of early feeling out rounds, AJ will take over and get better and better until he takes him out. Wlad may have the experience to last the full 12 rounds but there is no way he wins. The jab is the only way he keeps Joshua off (it's a hard jab to counter) but Joshua will find the spots to get through, get Wlad flustered and from there, I expect him to land his combinations and get Wlad seriously hurt.

Joshua is a huge, offensive machine - when was the last time Wlad fought someone so dangerous and big? When was the last time Wlad gave a great performance? When was the last time he was the B-Side and not have all the perks that go with it? Why do people think he can come off 18 months and a couple of poor performances and win this fight?

I just can't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          You have far too much time on your hands.
          Thats what i hear . However the guy with TOO much time (30 years studying the sport) is also the smartest on occasion ! Take off your dummy hat (you dont actually know what your talking about half the time )sometimes maybe you could have a 90% win ratio s well? Of course its just a THOUGHT!
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-25-2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
            I am very, very confident Joshua will win

Wlad still has the power but not the commitment to take punches and risks. He's a very rich old fighter who has been fighting cautiously too long and it's too late to change. He also won't have a ref who will indulge his clinching (this is a Matchroom production), which is a big point people are overlooking. This isn't going to be allowed to be a jab and grab fest.

After a couple of early feeling out rounds, AJ will take over and get better and better until he takes him out. Wlad may have the experience to last the full 12 rounds but there is no way he wins. The jab is the only way he keeps Joshua off (it's a hard jab to counter) but Joshua will find the spots to get through, get Wlad flustered and from there, I expect him to land his combinations and get Wlad seriously hurt.

Joshua is a huge, offensive machine - when was the last time Wlad fought someone so dangerous and big? When was the last time Wlad gave a great performance? When was the last time he was the B-Side and not have all the perks that go with it? Why do people think he can come off 18 months and a couple of poor performances and win this fight?

I just can't see it.
            I can see it and will ,expect the best Wlad Klitchko to show up . If it wasn't Joshua he would runn through the division !

Comment

• Wlad is a pretty humble guy but I can't pull for him to win here. Joshua is too fresh and too strong while Wlad is too rusty and gunshy to be effective. Maybe 4 years ago but now, I think Wlad is catching a beatdown on Saturday.

Comment

• David Fields is the ref for this one.

3 neutral judges : Don Trella (USA), Nelson Vazquez (Puerto Rico) and Steve Weisfeld (USA).

Comment

• I dont see this fight going past 4 rounds

Comment

• Just watched the joshua documentary on the bbc with the family and even my mother in law is now a fan of joshua. AND she wants to come to MY pub on saturday to watch the fight. I fecking hate casuals.

Comment

• There is youtube clips of behind the ropes by SKY sports one for Wlad and one for Joshua , check it out !!

Comment

Working...
                      X