Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: PPV is fading, Canelo's recent PPV Figures are all inflated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bet anything that gbp inflated the numbers for the khan and smith fights. the cotto fight failed to break 1 million buys that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      So, you knew about this too? Man, and I thought we were family in here.

bruh, its been out. do you know an android phone? you can also get the same app for your phone. the downside to this is, if you want this box to watch regular channels like fox, abc, cbs, etc. then your gonna have to search for it. sometimes the channel works and sometimes it doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        bruh, its been out. do you know an android phone? you can also get the same app for your phone. the downside to this is, if you want this box to watch regular channels like fox, abc, cbs, etc. then your gonna have to search for it. sometimes the channel works and sometimes it doesnt.
        Yea but sometimes *****s be outta da loop, ya feel me? Imma cop this box when I get the chance and have a fight party and yo ass ain't invited.

Comment

Fans are tired of paying $70+ for over-hyped fights and weak undercards. Not to mention people are streaming fights for free on the web, or the next day on Youtube. Mayweather destroyed the PPV model with boring fights. Fans are leary about paying out good money to watch bad fights. Imagine if Thurman/Garcia was a PPV event? Talk about a flop.

PPVs will need to be built up through ethnic rivalries and more compelling match ups of fighters who are in their prime. Not fighters feasting on foes who are battle-worn, old, or over-hyped.

Comment

IIRC they said Canelo/Khan did less than 500k (believe it was 440 or 460?), but Cotto/Canelo did either 650 or 900k depending on the source. I'd be surprised if that fight didn't actually do 500k.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              There's virtually no way anyone outside the business could find out what the exact numbers are. Anyone can pretty much declare any number that comes out of his ass without naming any source.

The IRS should step in and tax the corresponding number they declare in the media. The more they declare, the more they're heavily taxed.

As it is, no one is penalized for declaring fake inflated numbers, which are deceptively used when negotiating their next fights.
              Did you paint that picture of Chris Algieri in your Avatar, if so you got talent man

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                Well ,Canelo-Chavez Jr is first big event since Canelo-Cotto (we talkin USA here) so lets wait.
                Canelo Chavez Jr will break 500k for sure but will it hit that million? it isn't even being promoted to non latino middle class America only to Mexicans.

I think it does 750k buys with mostly mexicans/latinos buying it, Canelo still hasn't learned English and that hurts him big time, if he spoke English and gave an effort like Pacquiao who has horrible English it will endear him to the Americans plus he looks white so a lot of those rednecks will love him more.

Comment

Working...
                X