No announcement yet.

As a fan of GGG I wouldn't be upset if Jacobs won Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a fan of GGG I wouldn't be upset if Jacobs won Saturday

The kid seems like he's all class and he'd complete his journey from almost dying to being the king of the middleweight division. It would be a great story and I'd definitely root for the kid from there on out.

That said, I'd be shocked at the same time if it does happen because I think overall GGG is the better all around fighter at this point. I'm actually rooting for Jacobs to go the 12 and make it a great fight and not get hurt or KO like Stevens did.

Sometimes it stinks to not have a villain involved in the fight you can root against.

It'll be only the 2nd time that I rooted for GGG's opponent. Danny has such a great story. I'd feel like a total dick rooting against a guy who came back from cancer and climbed the later to take a grab at the title. That's the kind of magic that makes boxing special and places it above team sports in my eyes. The personal journey.

Comment

me too. I actually like jacobs he has a crazy life story and for him to beat ggg it would be like something out of a movie. it would be a monumental upset in the history of the sport, but its not happening.

Comment

i wouldnt be upset but i wouldnt consider it much of an upset. jacobs is that good.

Comment

I would hope Jacobs' win would reduce the amount 3G threads in this site. It's been good business for alt factories, but it needs to end. Focus should be shifted towards making current fighters fight more often.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it and Jacobs is a class act but I would have to leave this place forever because Chollo Vista and Kigali would never, ever shut up about it.

Comment

Me too, Jacobs is very likable and respectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                It'll be only the 2nd time that I rooted for GGG's opponent. Danny has such a great story. I'd feel like a total dick rooting against a guy who came back from cancer and climbed the later to take a grab at the title. That's the kind of magic that makes boxing special and places it above team sports in my eyes. The personal journey.
                I like the way both are showing respect to each other but it's hard to root against Jacobs, he's such a nice guy and as tough as they come.

Comment

How can anyone dislike Jacobs after all that has happened? Not a bad thing can be said about him, but GGG is something else.

I give him a punchers chance

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    I wouldn't mind it and Jacobs is a class act but I would have to leave this place forever because Chollo Vista and Kigali would never, ever shut up about it.
                    Ignore function is your friend...

Comment

Working...
                    X