No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is not a Good businessman, that goes to George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    You truly are deluded. I mean no disrespect what-so-ever but this statement you made and the logic you applied shows a total lack of insight into the point Hectari is making and about how wealth is accumulated.

First off putting aside hectari's rant about brand... which is a complex issue... for example, if you wanted to buy either all the restaurants that mcdonalds owns, or the rights to the name, lets just say all the commercial leases owned couldn't begin to approximate the value of the brand. The problem is that "brand" is an intangible, so we won't even go there.

Currency is one of the most misunderstood elements of wealth there is. At a point where someone has, ohhhh lets say over 100 million dollars, the goal is to not lose it. Really at a certain point the differences are academic because the value of currency is never going to sustain wealth, as an asset it has advantages and disadvantages, none of which make having a great amount of it, the true measure of wealth. You will see why this is if you trace what they take from currency and how fast your life style matches your currency.

As a billionaire you better give a lot of your money away or taxes will take it! Thats a start. Now, what does make wealth? the assets you actually own and control! George does in fact own an asset that has great value. Floyd owns cars and luxury real estate...none of which has much value. The world is littered with the nouvelle riche who are buying thins like expensive watches, mansions and expensive cars... These do not have much value and eat up money.

Mansions are property tax vacuum cleaners. Expensive cars need storage and lose most of their value when bought... just to give an idea. Currency loses and gains value daily and is taxed considerably when it is used. Even interest that is gained is taxed.

So what great companies does Floyd own, or have an interest in? What cash generating name had his promotional company generated? What rent does he collect in his real estate? and what happens when he gambles and loses? because when he wins he pays a lot to his pardner uncle sam! Finally, how much does Floyd's lifestyle cost? A man who works in Omaha nebraska and lives in a middle class neighborhood and makes 300k a year has a lot of disposable income, a man wrote an article for the new York times about making this same 300k in Silicon Valley and he could not even get by!

I think hectari is correct here.
    and mayweather gonna keep earning money!

keep hating

Comment

Their net worths, according to places more credible than you, like Forbes, begs to differ. And Floyd is the better businessman boxing wise since he made it boxing and not selling an appliance lol. Floyd knew he wasn't marketable as Pretty Boy Floyd even with entertaining fights and knockouts. He learned from WWE and made the Money persona to sell fights. He also helped create 24/7 and All Access. He got people to buy his fights that complained about his lackluster style in hopes he would lose... that is like selling salt to a slug lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        First I want to say this isnt HATING, if Floyd becomes a great businessman ill give him props but everything he says is wool over your eyes stuff, aka PT barnum talk suckering people making them believe the hype when their is no real substance, aka con artist talk.

Floyd is not TBE or the best businessman in boxing, what business ventures does he have? real estate every celeb has that.

I have never seen an interview of Floyd where he gave great insight on business or investments or breakdowns on how business works, Ive seen Magic Johnson and other retired athletes go on Forbes discussing how they run businesses and invest, Magic has a degree from college and runs many businesses and made many deals like helping to buy the Dogers, now working as a president of operations for the Lakers, also owning his own movie theaters, fast food franchises etc.

What Floyd did is not HARD, the boxing model aka PPV allowed him to hold the sport hostage he took advantage of it and thats the only way he can make money by over demanding what he is actually worth, he has no Brand, his Brand is not proven in order in business to sell a business you need Brand and proven statistics showing you profit etc. Without Boxing Floyd cant make money, all his money came from PPV, so many sports stars have demanded more money, Floyd gets the lions share thanks to Ali with the Ali act which gave Floyd the chance to get the lions share and demand more.

he is not a Great businessman, he is a snake oil salesman he hypes up fights but stinks the joint out so you dont get what he promises on figh tnight and he laughs to the bank,how can he claim TBE of boxing in business when his brand isnt even sold in stores, George Foreman is the best businessman in boxing.

George Foreman is the greatest boxer businessman in my eyes, he tooks his brand he went BROKE made a comeback used the money he made and invested it in a business idea and marketed it himself as the face of it and built his brand making 100s of millions of the George Foreman grill.

Show me an interview where Floyd discusses business like this?

This is the closest thing I can find to Floyd venturing in business this was from several years ago and I never seen any Lottery Soda in the stores or commercials
        Floyd has a successful dues paying gym in Mayweather Boxing Club, a lifestyle brand that's worth in the tens of millions in The Money Team, and a budding promotional company in Mayweather Boxing Club (with one current world champion, at least a handful of contenders coming along, and possibly some prospects behind that, not to mention the plug in with Premier Boxing Champions).

Foreman is arguably the most successful pitchman to come from boxing, but what businesses can Foreman point to that are his?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Wasn't Foreman just a celebrity endorser with that grill. It was some other cats who created it & then they threw Foreman's name on it to sell more than if it was called the Dave & Jeff Grill or whatever. Idk that I'd even call that a businessman move. Its being in the right place at the right time by being a notable guy as a pro boxer making a comeback with a gimmick about eating burgers while training or whatever Foreman's line was back then.

I think the best businessman in boxing might be a guy like Larry Holmes who despite getting f#cked over by Don King purchased a lot of land in his hometown before buying up real estate was cool for athletes to do. And in general I think its hard to know who's a good businessman in boxing cuz we tend to know so little that happens outside the ring. Like Paul Williams owning enough properties before he was severely injured & had his career ended suddenly that he was setup when so many other boxers can plan out their end plan way past their prime & still be broke or near broke...talking to you Sugar Shane.
          pretty much, lol

Comment

Floyd loves the sauce

Comment

First I want to say this isnt HATING, if Floyd becomes a great businessman ill give him props but everything he says is wool over your eyes stuff, aka PT barnum talk suckering people making them believe the hype when their is no real substance, aka con artist talk.

Floyd is not TBE or the best businessman in boxing, what business ventures does he have? real estate every celeb has that.

I have never seen an interview of Floyd where he gave great insight on business or investments or breakdowns on how business works, Ive seen Magic Johnson and other retired athletes go on Forbes discussing how they run businesses and invest, Magic has a degree from college and runs many businesses and made many deals like helping to buy the Dogers, now working as a president of operations for the Lakers, also owning his own movie theaters, fast food franchises etc.

What Floyd did is not HARD, the boxing model aka PPV allowed him to hold the sport hostage he took advantage of it and thats the only way he can make money by over demanding what he is actually worth, he has no Brand, his Brand is not proven in order in business to sell a business you need Brand and proven statistics showing you profit etc. Without Boxing Floyd cant make money, all his money came from PPV, so many sports stars have demanded more money, Floyd gets the lions share thanks to Ali with the Ali act which gave Floyd the chance to get the lions share and demand more.

he is not a Great businessman, he is a snake oil salesman he hypes up fights but stinks the joint out so you dont get what he promises on figh tnight and he laughs to the bank,how can he claim TBE of boxing in business when his brand isnt even sold in stores, George Foreman is the best businessman in boxing.

George Foreman is the greatest boxer businessman in my eyes, he tooks his brand he went BROKE made a comeback used the money he made and invested it in a business idea and marketed it himself as the face of it and built his brand making 100s of millions of the George Foreman grill.

Show me an interview where Floyd discusses business like this?

This is the closest thing I can find to Floyd venturing in business this was from several years ago and I never seen any Lottery Soda in the stores or commercials
              I love that grill, When I was dieting it was my best tool. I would grill up so many chicken breast on that and burgers.

George took something that nobody wanted in the invention pile and took a chance and put his name behind it. There is another great interview from CNBC business with Foreman discussing how the whole thing came about.
              Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
              foreman invented a great product and the business partners he got brought the product to market and worked out licenses deal, foreman is ingenious maybe but smart business man no.

Same with floyd mayweather, he made choices but the buisnessmen around him brought the deals to the table.

since they both pratically have done the exact same thing which is delegate lets see who richer cause of their moves.

Foremen networth is $250 Million
              Mayweather networth is $340 Million

So I must say mayweather is smarter than foreman as he has made better business choices in his life that has him almost $100 million dollar richer than forman and accomplished that feat 28 years earlier faster than foreman.
              Foreman got paid to put his name on the grill, he didn't do **** other than get lucky. It was offered to Hulk Hogan first but he chose a meatball machine.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                foreman invented a great product
                What? George Foreman didn't invent it. A bloke came up with it, an Engineer put it together, pitched it to Salton, who in turn reached out to Foreman to see if he would throw his name and brand behind it..then the rest is history.

Please tell me people don't actually think George Foreman invented that grill. Probably the same people that think Britney Spears invented Pepsi.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                  Floyd's promotional company isn't even real.
                  are you serious?

Between the shows topped by Floyd or Leonard Ellerbe, BoxRec has Mayweather Promotions having put on 40 shows in their existence (nearly all of the shows happening in the last 4 years).

Floyd's not running 25 shows a year like Lou DiBella, but don't play yourself into thinking that Floyd's running zero shows.

Comment

What about Mayweather boat investments?

Comment

People will find out how wealthy they are, in a post nuclear fall-out world! money has not intrinsic value, but skills, functional assets, and services do! if i had Floyd Mayweather's money, i would still be educating myself to the maximum! (I would be learning everything, mainly in the area of applied sciences)......

I would make myself into a Bruce Wayne/Tony stark type character!

Comment

Working...
                      X