Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Canelo Will Fight Golovkin - in Five Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here a GREAT unbiased article about 10 fights the fans wanted.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/featu...ot-fight-a-why

I love how he says Ward had the size and SKILL advantage he would of won today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      How to you out wait someone when you much older??? How how was Sergio at that time??? 38, 39??? And GGG was what 31, 32?? So your cool with seeing a broken down 40 year old man fight a young boxer in his prime and consider that ducking???

Ok I'll admit CanYellow and Sergio ducked GGG if you admit GGG ducked Andre Ward.
      It was a joke.

I'm a huge Sergio Martinez fan...

(You don't have to admit anything -- Golovkin technically ducked Ward... Happy now?)

Comment

I guess it was okay for Martinez to duck Golovkin tho.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          you single out ggg for doing something that every boxer does lmao. like i said you are a fanboy and every post proves it. you also didnt address my point about how human being continue to grow into their mid 20's so of course its easier to move up in weight until you hit your natural weight.

its also easier to artificially figth at lower weight classes in the pros than in the ams because ams fight every week where pros fight every couple months or so. draining yourself in the ams would not be healthy or smart but its possible to do so in the pros until it becomes too hard on the body. thats when guys in their early to mid 20's usually move up. usually they can stall this process across several divisions until reaching the division that they can still make in a healthy way. for ggg tht is 160. for broner 147.

the difference is that broner turned pro while he was growing and ggg did not but if you look at ggg's amateur weights he moved from 140 to 160 in the same period as broner moved from 130-147. would you expect broner now to start moving up in weight now that hes reached his natural division? only ggg is a coward for staying in his natural division, broner's not a coward because he turned pro young and drained himself? thats just fanboy logic.
          I'm full aware that every boxer fights 15-20 lbs then what they actually weigh. But your demanding Canelo move up??? Yet he doesn't feel he's ready??? Soo GGG can stay at the weights he wants but Canelo can't??? According to you he has to fight the best at 160 and can't even fight 1-2 MW's???

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            It was a joke.

(You don't have to admit anything -- Golovkin technically ducked Ward... Happy now?)
            My bad. I like Sergio a lot? Someone told me I should watch his documentary. And he had to deal with a LOT of political BS and Red Tape...

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
              Yup...5 yrs sounds about right..plenty of time for Canelo to "build his body up to 160 and become a MW and fight GGG". BC as we all were reminded by Canelos team numerous times last year - " Canelo is not a MW yet!!"
              still isn't a MW doe

he is a super MW now lol

Comment

Everybody in boxing knows whats up except the last remaining GGG haters. Isnt that funny?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  It was a joke.

Even though Ward tried hard to fool the media and public it is a fact that GGG NEVER EVER ducked Andre Ward.

Kevin Iole and Chris Mannix - Yahoo Sports

https://art19.com/shows/boxing-manni...8-79e7cb842249

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
                    I guess it was okay for Martinez to duck Golovkin tho.
                    How'd he duck him? He only ever had two fights after regaining his title. Murray in Argentina while not 100% and Cotto whom we all know was just a cash out and also served to fight someone he had history with...and that we wanted to see even if Sergio was completely done. Most people thought Sergio's career was done after the injuries from the Chavez fight and we didn't even know the extent of how broken his body really was until after the Murray fight.

98% of the people here had no idea who GGG was until the Proksa fight. The guy people wished Sergio fought at some point was actually Pirog as most had never heard of GGG. And even Pirog was seen as an enormously unknown fighter and he had stopped Jacobs. I think to call Sergio a ducker of anyone is laughable. Pirog was already having health issues and GGG had his first hbo fight like what...6 months before the murray fight? He may have been a stud but GGG was never going to get a crack at a big name like Sergio over Cotto. Too unrealistic. GGG's best wins to this day are basically Martinez left overs and it's been years already.

If you're gonna say he ducked anyone at least say Pirog and stay consistant with what was going on during those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      How to you out wait someone when you much older??? How how was Sergio at that time??? 38, 39??? And GGG was what 31, 32?? So your cool with seeing a broken down 40 year old man fight a young boxer in his prime and consider that ducking???

Ok I'll admit CanYellow and Sergio ducked GGG if you admit GGG ducked Andre Ward.
                      GGG ducked Ward at 168 and Ward ducked GGG at 164. How can you duck someone in a division you never fought?In that case GGG ducked Lara, Canelo, Ward, Chavez Jr, and anyone not in the 160 division.

Comment

Working...
                      X