Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever noticed Bradley and Pacquiao are never discussed in welterweight bouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even think the first fight was a massive robbery! and i enjoyed the build up to the second fight! Timothy Bradley was in immense condition for that fight, probably due to his vegan diet at the time..(It seems to work for some athletes!).....its a shame Bradley for some mystical reason lacked punching power, because he was good in every other department as a fighter.

Comment

Let's get this straight...
      Thurman, Brook, Garcia, Porter, Spence...I won't even bother with guys like Berto, Peterson, Khan,

The best resume is Thurman... who's best win is over Porter and Garcia has has done nothing much at welterweight.

Brook has only beaten Porter and not much else.

Porter will never be a clear top 3 welterweight.

Spence ONLY started to fight top 20 competition...Algieri was his introduction to bigger fights.

Broner got exposed when he made the move to 147..tried moving back down but can't make 140 anymore.

Get real... this is a troll thread.

Manny's legacy was set EVEN before he made the move to 147.

Comment

I'll sum it up.

Bradley isn't hurting for money anymore. (He's made close to $20 million- could be more or a little less)
        Pac is winding down his career. There is speculation that 2017 is is his last year. Basically, he's fighting for sure twice more... More than that is uncertain..

Just enjoy whatever fights they have left.... the new era of welterweights will consist of Spence Jr, Thurman, and when Terrence Crawford moves up (I'm guessing late 2018-early 2019)

Comment

This is prize fighting. These boxers fight for money. Once they make that coin... some guys aren't as motivated anymore.

Look at Maidana... once he got Floyd..twice and got paid... bam, he made his choice. Live it up and EAT..back home.

Bradley made those dollars... and now he's just doing his fam thing..will fight on his terms I guess.
          Last edited by Strategic1; 03-10-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            when Terrence Crawford moves up (I'm guessing late 2018-early 2019)
            when crawford moves up, bob will get him the WBOgus belt and he'll fight a bunch of scrubs. what other choice will there be?

haymon & haymon's allies have that division on lock down. bob can try to get pac & bradley to pass the torch to crawford, but there's still nobody for him to fight after that.

Comment

Ok...I apologize.... shouldn't call this a troll thread..maybe you don't know any better. It certainly attracts trolls though.

Anyways, Thurman and Brook have previously tweeted... they'd like to fight Pacquiao.. ... maybe it's a possibility now more than ever. Thurman has now established himself firmly as a legit champion and star... Before the Porter fight, he was still facing so-so average competition. And the CBS fight drew big numbers. So it's now a possibility IMO.

Brook's people and Arum, have already discussed a possible fight later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                when crawford moves up, bob will get him the WBOgus belt and he'll fight a bunch of scrubs. what other choice will there be?

haymon & haymon's allies have that division on lock down. bob can try to get pac & bradley to pass the torch to crawford, but there's still nobody for him to fight after that.
                Top Rank stable is indeed running dry....lol Arum has to look worldwide for prospects..errrn... Horn and those Russians Pomarev or whatever his name is..and those other fringe guys.. you always see on top 10 lists but never see fight in the US

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  It's true didn't Mosley and Marquez have to be free agents to fight Pacquiao? Fighters signed with other promoters aren't an option. The fans have come to accept this, that's why fights with guys like Thurman never get discussed.
                  This is true, or else every WW and their mothers would be calling them out. Pacquiao is still the WW cash cow, and he's looking more vulnerable, so of course guys like Thurman, Brook, Spence, Porter, DSG would jump at the chance of fighting him. But then Arum would tell them they have to sign with him for 2-3 fights if they want the Pac fight.

Might as well not talk about an impossible fight to make. Arum is out there discussing Crawford and Broner as possible Pac fights, two guys who aren't in the top 10 in the WW division.

Comment

I'd rather not see Pacquiao not mention at all, or even Bradley, who is probably already worth $15 mil.

It makes more sense focusing on others who haven't even made it, yet fight once or twice a year. It's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                      the reality is.... if Haymakers from Ruslan or Vargas can stagger Bradely, then GOOOD LAWDD Keeef's overhand would flatten Bradley... or when Rios was able to push back Pac on his guard it's quite obvious Pac is avoiding the heavy hitters.

Broner and Garcia are seasoned Welters? Is this why Arum mentioned them?
                      Don't forget what Provodnikov did to Bradley as well. Holt's knockdown vs a prime Bradley should not be ignored either.

Also Bradley managed to just edge an old JMM by SD in a fight where JMM landed more power punches in total and rbr.

Comment

Working...
                      X