Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #7 - Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Jacobs, March 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG by late round KO. I expect some good back and forth in this fight before Danny gets clipped for good. Went for GGG by KO between 9-12.

Comment

Just having some fun here...

GGG, only counting fights where he gets the stoppage, has averaged Round 4.06 as the round he stops his opponent in, in 33 fights.

In his last 10 fights that average hasn't gotten much worse, on average, he stops his opponents in 5.5 rounds in his last 10 fights.

Only 2 of the 33 fighters who were stopped by GGG went past 8 rounds (Ouma and Murray).

The last fighters who lasted the distance vs GGG was 9-10 years ago.

Jacobs has been down twice in the last 6 years. Once was in 2010 vs Pirog in round 5 in a fight that ended as a TKO. The next one was in 2015 vs Mora in round 1.

Golovkin has never been down.

tl;dr: Jacobs has been down twice in his career, both times in the first 5 rounds. On average it takes GGG up to 5.5 rounds to dispatch of his opponents in his last 10 fights.

Verdict: Golovkin stops Jacobs in rounds 5-8.

Comment

My poll choice >>>>>>> x3

Comment

A.K, 2x

Comment

-MEGA-, 1x

Comment

All in 2x. .....ko 5-8

Comment

Jubei, 3x

(I'm a little bit scared)

Comment

Head is with Golovkin, heart is with Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    This isn't my official pick but I'm thinking this might go the distance and be a close fight. We've seen too many of these fights where one dude is supposed to be a monster and the other one is chinny and supposed to be stopped but it just doesn't happen. There's just too much on the line and adrenaline is a helluva thing.

I'm expecting a KO but it might just be a close decision and that will most likely be my pick and 2x too.
                    That was my pick....but I really don't know what to choose with this fight. I can see anything happening.

Comment

Damn Wicked, 2x

Comment

Working...
                      X