Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Love a Thurman Rematch To Get Those Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Love a Thurman Rematch To Get Those Titles

Danny Garcia wants rematch - Keith Thurman built a big lead over Danny Garcia and held on to add the WBC welterweight title to his WBA championship Saturday night. Thurman won his 28th straight fight and handed Garcia his first loss in 34 bouts. After five furious rounds to open things at Barclays Center, the pace slowed - even bringing boos from the large crowd at times.

[Click Here To Read More]

I thought his daddy said no

Comment

Nahh he wants a chance at another gift decision , he clearly cant keep up with Thurman no need for a rematch.

Comment

Honestly, fight wasn't good enough to warrant a quick rematch..

Let Danny beat Porter or Peterson 2 or Spence before he gets another crack

Comment

Father Garcia: I want to Danny ended his career. No rematch with Thurman

Comment

Shut up Danny, we all know you're gonna fight a Rod Salka type next, that's what you do after a tough fight

Comment

You know what, I've been trying to stay respectful since last night and not say anything wrong about either one of the Garcia's but...

**** you Danny and **** your dad too. You little weasels didn't have a rematch clause knowing damn well you are known for getting gifted decisions. So, if you were gifted a decision last night you did not want **** to do with Thurman again like you don't want **** to do with Peterson or Herrera. It's pretty ****ing obvious you don't give rematches and the only reason you rematched Morales was because he was a senior citizen.

Both of you can suck a d*ck. F*gs.

Comment

Just studied the film in slowmotion ; I'm team DSG but my boy lost and will lose again fighting passively not checking/countering Thurmans attack inside the pocket : if you examine the rounds in most instances when they traded Thurman went for it a lot more -- he took more risk in other words and it paid off.

It seemed Danny was relying on clean punches instead of matching the opposing work-rate of Thurman or maybe he was expecting one shot would change the fight also every time Danny was about to close the round Thurman got off on him in the last few seconds when it seemed Garcia was about to take it -- in the eight Thurman found a hole in Danny's defense by going around the glove by converting the jab into a hook and throughout the fight those wide shots kept landing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Just studied the film in slowmotion ; I'm team DSG but my boy lost and will lose again fighting passively not checking/countering Thurmans attack inside the pocket : if you examine the rounds in most instances when they traded Thurman went for it a lot more -- he took more risk in other words and it paid off.

It seemed Danny was relying on clean punches instead of matching the opposing work-rate of Thurman or maybe he was expecting one shot would change the fight also every time Danny was about to close the round Thurman got off on him in the last few seconds when it seemed Garcia was about to take it -- in the eight Thurman found a hole in Danny's defense by going around the glove by converting the jab into a hook and throughout the fight those wide shots kept landing.
                  I also watched in slow mo. A lot of the big shots I thought Danny landed actually missed or grazed. A lot of the wide rights it looked like Danny blocked from Thurman, actually snuck in around the gloves. Thurman was faster and more precise with his punches. He also moved his head more while throwing so when they had big exchanges where it looked like both landed, or Danny blocked Thurman's shots and landed his own, in reality Thurman was the one landing and avoiding Danny's big shots, or making them graze and not land clean.

I only rewatched the first 6 rounds like this, but since the only rounds I thought Danny won before were because of a few huge shots it looked like he landed, and it turned out those didn't actually land, I could have had it 6-0 Thurman or 5-1 at the least after 6. So there's no way Danny won the fight.

Heck, even that big body shot in the early rounds that it looked like Danny landed that looked like it buckled Thurman, it actually landed on Thurman's back, which isn't a scoring blow. Thurman either ducked afterwards so it made it look like he buckled, or the shot did hurt him, but hurt his back, not his liver. Again, not a scoring blow.

Danny did do better than I expected though. He was in incredible shape. Suspiciously incredible shape, if you ask me. Then again Thurman also had superhuman legs all night so who knows, maybe both are suspicious. In this sport everyone is suspicious if they're competing at the top level. The only difference is Thurman was the typical Thurman. Danny on the other hand was in way better shape than we've seen him for years, since Matthysse, so it makes you wonder how.

Comment

No need for this rematch. There are plenty of other fighters in the division Danny can face. He has a name people will still want him even w/o the title.

Comment

Working...
                    X