Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Love a Thurman Rematch To Get Those Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight was too crappy for a rematch. First five rounds were great and then went downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      You know what, I've been trying to stay respectful since last night and not say anything wrong about either one of the Garcia's but...

**** you Danny and **** your dad too. You little weasels didn't have a rematch clause knowing damn well you are known for getting gifted decisions. So, if you were gifted a decision last night you did not want **** to do with Thurman again like you don't want **** to do with Peterson or Herrera. It's pretty ****ing obvious you don't give rematches and the only reason you rematched Morales was because he was a senior citizen.

Both of you can suck a d*ck. F*gs.
      Look at this punk ass ***** coming out the woodwork now that Swift took an L. You werent so brave after DSG put a spanking on that boy Mattyse.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        I also watched in slow mo. A lot of the big shots I thought Danny landed actually missed or grazed. A lot of the wide rights it looked like Danny blocked from Thurman, actually snuck in around the gloves. Thurman was faster and more precise with his punches. He also moved his head more while throwing so when they had big exchanges where it looked like both landed, or Danny blocked Thurman's shots and landed his own, in reality Thurman was the one landing and avoiding Danny's big shots, or making them graze and not land clean.

I only rewatched the first 6 rounds like this, but since the only rounds I thought Danny won before were because of a few huge shots it looked like he landed, and it turned out those didn't actually land, I could have had it 6-0 Thurman or 5-1 at the least after 6. So there's no way Danny won the fight.

Heck, even that big body shot in the early rounds that it looked like Danny landed that looked like it buckled Thurman, it actually landed on Thurman's back, which isn't a scoring blow. Thurman either ducked afterwards so it made it look like he buckled, or the shot did hurt him, but hurt his back, not his liver. Again, not a scoring blow.

Danny did do better than I expected though. He was in incredible shape. Suspiciously incredible shape, if you ask me. Then again Thurman also had superhuman legs all night so who knows, maybe both are suspicious. In this sport everyone is suspicious if they're competing at the top level. The only difference is Thurman was the typical Thurman. Danny on the other hand was in way better shape than we've seen him for years, since Matthysse, so it makes you wonder how.
        Agreed with most of this disregarding that Danny surpassed expectations, on the contrary I was disappointment hes turned up in most big fights and has been sharper in his counters and it seems hes footwork was flat...but maybe thats how styles clash ; if you get a guy like Khan and Mattysse who came at him the kid looks great but give him different looks, change level and force him to be the aggressor he looks completely ordinary -- been proven. But the fan in me cant help to root for boa.

Comment

Danny will fight Stevie the Uber driver or chancho Fernandez who works the filibertos drive through

Comment

Errol "The Truth" Spence

nough said.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Just studied the film in slowmotion ; I'm team DSG but my boy lost and will lose again fighting passively not checking/countering Thurmans attack inside the pocket : if you examine the rounds in most instances when they traded Thurman went for it a lot more -- he took more risk in other words and it paid off.

It seemed Danny was relying on clean punches instead of matching the opposing work-rate of Thurman or maybe he was expecting one shot would change the fight also every time Danny was about to close the round Thurman got off on him in the last few seconds when it seemed Garcia was about to take it -- in the eight Thurman found a hole in Danny's defense by going around the glove by converting the jab into a hook and throughout the fight those wide shots kept landing.
              I think the occassion got to Garcia, not taking anything away from Thurman, but Garcia looked awed, tentative and totally shellshocked. Needs to relax more and let his hands go. He hurt Thurman with a body shot, he actually winced, but then didn't follow it up. His father sounded half-asleep too, he should have given him a slap to wake him up and tell him he was down on the score card, I mean it was pretty obvious. That wasn't Garcia at his best, maybe he'll take more risks and relax more now that his 0's gone, so yes I think he'll do better in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                I also watched in slow mo. A lot of the big shots I thought Danny landed actually missed or grazed. A lot of the wide rights it looked like Danny blocked from Thurman, actually snuck in around the gloves. Thurman was faster and more precise with his punches. He also moved his head more while throwing so when they had big exchanges where it looked like both landed, or Danny blocked Thurman's shots and landed his own, in reality Thurman was the one landing and avoiding Danny's big shots, or making them graze and not land clean.

I only rewatched the first 6 rounds like this, but since the only rounds I thought Danny won before were because of a few huge shots it looked like he landed, and it turned out those didn't actually land, I could have had it 6-0 Thurman or 5-1 at the least after 6. So there's no way Danny won the fight.

Heck, even that big body shot in the early rounds that it looked like Danny landed that looked like it buckled Thurman, it actually landed on Thurman's back, which isn't a scoring blow. Thurman either ducked afterwards so it made it look like he buckled, or the shot did hurt him, but hurt his back, not his liver. Again, not a scoring blow.

Danny did do better than I expected though. He was in incredible shape. Suspiciously incredible shape, if you ask me. Then again Thurman also had superhuman legs all night so who knows, maybe both are suspicious. In this sport everyone is suspicious if they're competing at the top level. The only difference is Thurman was the typical Thurman. Danny on the other hand was in way better shape than we've seen him for years, since Matthysse, so it makes you wonder how.
                sounds like floyd-pac. what a schooling that was...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  You know what, I've been trying to stay respectful since last night and not say anything wrong about either one of the Garcia's but...

**** you Danny and **** your dad too. You little weasels didn't have a rematch clause knowing damn well you are known for getting gifted decisions. So, if you were gifted a decision last night you did not want **** to do with Thurman again like you don't want **** to do with Peterson or Herrera. It's pretty ****ing obvious you don't give rematches and the only reason you rematched Morales was because he was a senior citizen.

Both of you can suck a d*ck. F*gs.
                  You still salty Danny beat your favorite fighter and made you look like a fool? Let it go bro.

Comment

Disappointing fight overall. I dont mind a rematch but I dont either fighter made a statement or really truely separated themselves from other welterweights. Thurman won but it was frustrating as a fan to watch him put himself in the position to give away the last three rounds. He did not look like a champion in the championship rounds.

Comment

Did someone say rematch?

Comment

Working...
                      X