Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much "Science of Boxing" not enough "Entertainment"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There isn't anything the two could have done much differently, Thurman already had the fight sealed going into the championship rounds and Garcia isn't comfortable applying pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Dude, you have a great point there. Gonzalez-Cuadras was full of entertainment. WAY WAY better than Thurman-Garcia.
      A level sweet science skills in display while giving the fans their moneys worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        That's the problem of these fighters. Afraid to take risk to show the world that you are a level or two above a fighter. Floyd did it in the Lower weights, PAcquiao did it in the lower weights all the way to the 2009 welterweight.

Boxing is not also a sport but also an entertainment for people who watch. 95% of boxing fans are casuals, appeal to the casuals first and entertain them, and that means knock them out, don't be content with just being 'satisfied' of winning or getting the decision.
        "Science" can be different too. Ward was never an entertaining fighter for me. On the other hand, Crawford and Loma are so aesthetically pleasing with their styles, just like Pernell Whitaker or Pretty Boy Floyd. But I HATE Salido/Vargas kind of slugfests (not in MMA though) when boxers taking too much of unnecessary damage. Golovkin was never that entertaining for me either - I didn't even watch his last fight with Brook. I prefer fighters with great footwork and who's equally great at defense and offense. So every taste is different

Comment

The problem is the fighters of the past have shown that if you go at war every time you fight..
          1. Your shelf life as a fighter is less
          2. You are prone to suffer injuries more than you can sustain at later stages of your career..

That said, if you can't appreciate the effort that takes to get out of a fight w/o serious injuries then it's too bad.. Fighters fight with a game plan and it really involves skills to fight a smart fight for all 12 and not give away the game plan..
          I enjoy fights that do not have barn burner type action too.. Sadly it's casuals who keep demanding to see a KO because they get a kick out of it.. most fighters with belts have the same motto " win today, look good the next time"

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Garcia and Thurnan are Just b level fighters.

Look the fight of González vs Cuadras, that fight was full of entertaining and crazy skills for both fighters.
            That fight was not entertaining. Was it a good scrap? Sure. But nowhere near as entertaining.

Gonzalez/Cuadras was the same crap as Salido/Vargas: rock-em-sock-em robots. That's all. Half assed attempts at defense. Both fights will be long forgotten from time - whereas real exciting fights like Bradley/Provodnikov and Thurman/Porter will stand the test of time.

It's called HIT AND NOT GET HIT. Shannon Briggs broke down exactly what I saw with Chocolatito/Cuadras and Salido/Vargas:

That's the problem with some of you. You don't like defensive fighters. Fine. No problem. Watch Chocolatito, watch Mikey Garcia, watch Anthony Joshua. Support those fighters. But don't criticize other fighters who fight their way, win their way, and make multi millions doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              That fight was not entertaining. Was it a good scrap? Sure. But nowhere near as entertaining.

Gonzalez/Cuadras was the same crap as Salido/Vargas: rock-em-sock-em robots. That's all. Half assed attempts at defense. Both fights will be long forgotten from time - whereas real exciting fights like Bradley/Provodnikov and Thurman/Porter will stand the test of time.

It's called HIT AND NOT GET HIT. Shannon Briggs broke down exactly what I saw with Chocolatito/Cuadras and Salido/Vargas:

That's the problem with some of you. You don't like defensive fighters. Fine. No problem. Watch Chocolatito, watch Mikey Garcia, watch Anthony Joshua. Support those fighters. But don't criticize other fighters who fight their way, win their way, and make multi millions doing it.
              Man, seriously you don't know sh.it about boxing.

Gonzalez is a master of boxing and Cuadras is a great fighter with great footwork and skills(way better than Thurman), just in the first round Cuadras landed a real beautiful left uppercut in the large distance. Do you know how hard is that in this sport?

Thurman vs Porter? Hahahahaha fu.ck, Porter is a shi.t that arguably lost with the old Diaz in their first match.

You are afroamerican?

I like the good boxing and Thurman is not a good defensive fighter, is good but is not his style really.

He looks weird missing punches in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Dude, you have a great point there. Gonzalez-Cuadras was full of entertainment. WAY WAY better than Thurman-Garcia.
                That's for 2 reasons:

1-They are better fighters, more skills.

2-They fought with his heart and both fighters were giving all for the win, they were not scared for the power of the rival like these two B level fighters.
                Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 03-06-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  The problem is the fighters of the past have shown that if you go at war every time you fight..
                  1. Your shelf life as a fighter is less
                  2. You are prone to suffer injuries more than you can sustain at later stages of your career..

That said, if you can't appreciate the effort that takes to get out of a fight w/o serious injuries then it's too bad.. Fighters fight with a game plan and it really involves skills to fight a smart fight for all 12 and not give away the game plan..
                  I enjoy fights that do not have barn burner type action too.. Sadly it's casuals who keep demanding to see a KO because they get a kick out of it.. most fighters with belts have the same motto " win today, look good the next time"

Green sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    A level sweet science skills in display while giving the fans their moneys worth.
                    Oh yeah. It was definitely the best of both worlds. I'd pay to see that rematch for sure. Chocolatito always delivers and Cuadras did exceptionally well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                      That's for 2 reason:

1-They are better fighters, more skills.

2-They fought with his heart and both fighters were giving all for the win, they were not scared for the power of the rival like these two B level fighters.
                      It's fights like those that keep the sport going.

Comment

Working...
                      X