Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Bellew, most credible heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He struggled to put away a one legged fighter. Haye could of survived til the 12th. Bellew has no power at heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      He struggled to put away a one legged fighter. Haye could of survived til the 12th. Bellew has no power at heavyweight
      Haye said on an interview on 5 live that he was caught by a left hook by Bellew in the first round that he really felt and it was powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Haye said on an interview on 5 live that he was caught by a left hook by Bellew in the first round that he really felt and it was powerful.
        And yet when Haye was on one leg for the second half of the fight Bellew despite connecting couldn't seem to hurt him. Weird, especially considering he was pretty much a sitting target

Comment

And yet when Haye was on one leg for the second half of the fight Bellew despite connecting couldn't seem to hurt him. Weird, especially considering he was pretty much a sitting target
          Bellew was pretty much gassed after trying to get Haye out of there in the 6th.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Bellew is a puncher at heavyweight and is going to be knocking big guys out, but i bet he could get peoples respect if he landed flush.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Bellew was pretty much gassed after trying to get Haye out of there in the 6th.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Bellew is a puncher at heavyweight and is going to be knocking big guys out, but i bet he could get peoples respect if he landed flush.
            agreed. I think he needs to move back down. Seems like he put on the wrong kind of weight for heavyweight

Comment

After the 'Bronze-Bomber' blast out Bellend nobody can say Deontay hasnt faced a top ten HW. FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                Nah, fair play to him, but it's not like he beat a prime Haye. The whole reason he took the fight was because what he had seen from Haye made the risk worth the money.
                Naa, the whole reason he took the fight was for the money, nothing else. He said himself afterwards that he didn't give a shît about winning, he just wanted to secure his kids futures. That's why he was so relaxed before the fight, he didn't really care what happened as he was earning enough to set his family up for life.

I bet he still can't believe what happened and that he actually won.

Comment

It was probably the one that hit him on top of the head that Haye felt, everything else Bellew threw looked to have absolutely zero effect. If you watch the moment Haye gets knocked out of the ring his ankle totally gives way, it's not like Bellew blasted him out.

Bellew is 34, Hearn cares about absolutely nothing apart from money, so the next opponent will be whoever can generate the most money for Hearn and give Bellew another (unexpected) retirement payday. It's not a case of who they think he can beat, they never expected him to beat Haye.

Comment

Working...
                  X