No announcement yet.

Haye vs Bellew RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LongTimeLurker View Post
    I'm sure Haye said it was too intense, causing him injuries and he needed to train smarter.
    I have read in David Haye's book, that Haye would sometimes rebel against Adam Booth's authority! due to the intensity of the training! but apparently Adam Booth was the only person who David Haye really respected! (Nobody else could really tame him)....

I predicted last night that David Haye will return to Adam Booth! if there is ever a rematch with Toney Bellew..? (I am almost 100% confident that he will return to Booth!)....

It was sad to see them part ways, as they had such a close unique relationship! (They both created each other!)...

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      I have read in David Haye's book, that Haye would sometimes rebel against Adam Booth's authority! due to the intensity of the training! but apparently Adam Booth was the only person who David Haye really respected! (Nobody else could really tame him)....

I predicted last night that David Haye will return to Adam Booth! if there is ever a rematch with Toney Bellew..? (I am almost 100% confident that he will return to Booth!)....

It was sad to see them part ways, as they had such a close unique relationship! (They both created each other!)...
      Agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeLurker View Post
        Haye was off balance from the first round which is uncharacteristic for him. Looks like he brought the injury in with him but couldn't pull out before hand as he would have been shredded. Be interesting to know how bad the injury is, especially considering he carried on a few rounds with it.
        Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Yes, but he's looked far from impressive since the 'comeback.
        He didn't come in with an injury GTFO of here with that. He looked just the same in his prior 2 fights just like Yoz said.

He's not suited to heavyweight, looks blown up, fat and sloppy. Bellew making him do the Stanky leg caused the injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          He picked Bellew and not Povetkin or Wilder ,cuse they Knew about injury ,Haye had injurys through his entire careere,imagine Haye running from Povetkin like this ,he would get put to sleep ala Roy jones ,now i know you would love to see it ,but im not into watching ppl getting brain damage ,Haye is lucky it was Bellew tonight.
          What?

If you had an injury, you shouldn't' be fighting period. u def wouldn't be cleared medically if u had anything other than a few minor niggles

Haye was healthy as a horse going into this fight He got rocked by Bellew, did a stanky leg, and got a minor little ankle sprain...

Haye is a bytch and karma bit him in the arse tonight.

Lol knocked thru the ropes by Tony fookin' Bellew HAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Yes, but he's looked far from impressive since the 'comeback.
            Yeah, I wasn't buying the "David Haye is back and ready to win a heavyweight title", when he was knocking out the 2 bums he fought. With Haye's talent I thought it was possible he could make "some" noise but this fight proved that he doesn't have IT right now, and is probably never going to get back to the very top level again.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              What?

If you had an injury, you shouldn't' be fighting period. u def wouldn't be cleared medically if u had anything other than a few minor niggles

Haye was healthy as a horse going into this fight He got rocked by Bellew, did a stanky leg, and got a minor little ankle sprain...

Haye is a bytch and karma bit him in the arse tonight.

Lol knocked thru the ropes by Tony fookin' Bellew HAHA
              yep just i thought ,brainless hater from NSB

Haye was in Germany before a fight on vacations

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Yeah, I wasn't buying the "David Haye is back and ready to win a heavyweight title", when he was knocking out the 2 bums he fought. With Haye's talent I thought it was possible he could make "some" noise but this fight proved that he doesn't have IT right now, and is probably never going to get back to the very top level again.
                Yup.

It was all about manoeuvring himself into a fight with AJ, or Wlad, via the safest possible route. It's been a staple of Haye's career at HW.

If he had beaten Bellew, I don't doubt he would have got that fight. Certainly it was what Hearn was intimating.

Comment

• Certainly didn't see that coming. One of the better examples of a cherrypick gone wrong.

Props to Haye for fighting through the injury though. I think his corner should've pulled him out earlier to avoid possibly exacerbating the injury. He probably needs to call it a day. He looked all over the place prior to the injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    This was like watching Martinez v Cotto.
                    Hmmm, yeah, sort of does.

Comment

• Its been along time since i have been emotionally invested in a fight! i am not a massive football/soccer fan so i very rarely feel that gutted feeling when somebody YOU support loses! Tonight i am very upset! I can remember feeling this way when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin Mcbride......

What a rough game boxing is! A loss impacts the athletes on so many levels, no wonder why boxers seem to suffer from depression! but in the whole greater scheme of things, the people who will now take satisfaction in David Haye's loss do not count! in the aftermath of this event, i am finding solace in these words...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat"....

Comment

Working...
                      X