Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GARCIA Shook After Final Weigh In!!! 1 Time Kodak moment!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    Eh, he did the same thing with matthyshe, and we all saw what happened there. I wouldn't read too much into Danny's awkwardness during weigh ins. We all know he's never shook, and he's been here before. Danny by UD, or crazy ko/ref stoppage.

Mark my words. One time gonna get caught inbetween one of his looping power shots, and I won't be surprised one bit.
    Thurman isn't Matthysse though. I predicted DSG would decision Matthysse. Matthysse is all power, I knew DSG had a good enough chin to withstand Lucas power and win a decision.

Thurman is not all power, he can outbox DSG and he will.

Comment

Danny looked sad... probably hella hungry but he said 147 was easier to make

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Trudat and fair enough.

But, the psychology heading in is real fugged up for Swift now.

I have seen a lot of fights in and out the ring.

And whenever I saw shyt go down like that, a terrible azz whooping to the guy that failed to intimidate almost always followed.

Danny had better be sure to hurt Keith early and get that respect back.

Cause right now I bet Thurman is STILL laughing.
        He won't be laughing when he feels that first counter left to the head or body

I've seen guys look fearful, nervous, before a fight then get in the ring and no signs of it. These guys been @ it too long for a fear factor. Especially danny who has clearly been in tougher than Thurman in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          more importantly, Lou is so geeked about this fight on CBS... gotta admit it's a great accomplishment... he's so happy Lou went Thug Life!!

At 1st I was like wtf you talking about..... then i saw the shades

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Thurman isn't Matthysse though. I predicted DSG would decision Matthysse. Matthysse is all power, I knew DSG had a good enough chin to withstand Lucas power and win a decision.

Thurman is not all power, he can outbox DSG and he will.
              I get that, and you'd have to be stupid not to think Thurman couldn't TKO, or win a UD, but there's ways he enters with his punches that Danny can really exploit. And I mean really exploit. Also that whole thing about his body being weak, I believe it. You can't condition your body, if it's weak, it's weak. And Danny throws some crazy bombs to the body.

I understand Danny's the underdog, but the way he punches in between your punches, and the way Thurman is reckless, and has a tendency to jump in with wild and looping punches, that's a recipe for disaster, and I bank on Danny catching him in one of the early rounds, and finishing him, or hurting him, then dominating from there.

And Matthysse's not all power. He's shown to be a very good boxer.

Comment

Another point...Danny throws an overhand right and usually dips out to his right

Thurman throws his combos, not only is he there to be caught during the combos, but afterwards, he just walks around the ring imposing his size

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  He won't be laughing when he feels that first counter left to the head or body

I've seen guys look fearful, nervous, before a fight then get in the ring and no signs of it. These guys been @ it too long for a fear factor. Especially danny who has clearly been in tougher than Thurman in his career
                  All I know is that the guy who fought both of them thinks Keith is going to win.

I trust that more than pretty much every other opinion- including my own.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    I get that, and you'd have to be stupid not to think Thurman couldn't TKO, or win a UD, but there's ways he enters with his punches that Danny can really exploit. And I mean really exploit. Also that whole thing about his body being weak, I believe it. You can't condition your body, if it's weak, it's weak. And Danny throws some crazy bombs to the body.

I understand Danny's the underdog, but the way he punches in between your punches, and the way Thurman is reckless, and has a tendency to jump in with wild and looping punches, that's a recipe for disaster, and I bank on Danny catching him in one of the early rounds, and finishing him, or hurting him, then dominating from there.

And Matthysse's not all power. He's shown to be a very good boxer.
                    This was one of my arguments as to way I was hesitant to pick Thurman.

Comment

• Danny Garcia looking like a tool, what's new?

Comment

Working...
                      X