Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Come Loma and Alvarez do interviews in their Native Language, but ggg doesn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Come Loma and Alvarez do interviews in their Native Language, but ggg doesn't?

#protected boxers...

He probably just has better English than them, or doing more to appeal to the American audience. Not to mention GGG actually speaks a few languages, so probably has more confidence in his ability to speak in public with it.

I'm surprised Canelo hasn't really done much to learn English well enough to speak considering he makes his money in USA by fighting there. If Golden Boy wanted him to be the next "crossover" star (which won't happen), then he would be better off learning English well enough to speak it in interviews.

Comment

1. Its too late for that.

2. Golovkin has a lot of respect for America and the Western world. Hes assimilating well.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        He probably just has better English than them, or doing more to appeal to the American audience. Not to mention GGG actually speaks a few languages, so probably has more confidence in his ability to speak in public with it.

I'm surprised Canelo hasn't really done much to learn English well enough to speak considering he makes his money in USA by fighting there. If Golden Boy wanted him to be the next "crossover" star (which won't happen), then he would be better off learning English well enough to speak it in interviews.
        there are videos on Youtube where a reporter asks a question in English to Alvarez and Canelo answers back coherently as he understood the question. Whereas with Golovkin, look at the many comments on Youtube, mainly ggg fans, always saying that Gennady doesn't understand the questions and gives answers completely lost in translation.

I'll give you a rundown of ggg's media ability.

''this is a very interesting situation...''
        ''you know...juss..''
        ''my focus is...''
        ''he a great fighter''
        ''I want to give fans a good show''
        ''this is big challenge for me''
        ''this is biggest test for me''
        ''this is jusss trash talk''
        ''I want unification fight''
        ''Andre is Andre''
        ''my focus right now is ...''
        ''Canelo, I know him, just trash talk''
        ''He not middleweight...juss trash talk''
        ''This is present for fans''
        ''For me...not problem''

this is the pretext ready for any interview. usually when interviewers ask the questions that fans really want to hear, Golovkin defaults to the said list I just mentioned. If it's not a question that puts him under pressure he completely changes his tone. This is how we know he's full of shıt
        Last edited by Lester Tutor; 03-03-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          there are videos on Youtube where a reporter asks a question in English to Alvarez and Canelo answers back coherently as he understood the question. Whereas with Golovkin, look at the many comments on Youtube, mainly ggg fans, always saying that Gennady doesn't understand the questions and gives answers completely lost in translation.

I'll give you a rundown of ggg's media ability.

''you know...juss..''
          ''my focus is...''
          ''he a great fighter''
          ''this is big challenge for me''
          ''this is biggest test for me''
          ''this is jusss trash talk''
          ''Andre is Andre''
          ''my focus right now is ...''
          ''Canelo, I know him, just trash talk''
          ''He not middleweight...juss trash talk''
          ''This is present for fans''
          ''For me...not problem''

this is the pretext ready for any interview. usually when interviewers ask the questions that fans really want to hear, Golovkin defaults to the said list I just mentioned. If it's not a question that puts him under pressure he completely changes his tone. This is how we know he's full of shıt

Listening and speaking are different things though. I can understand quite a bit of Korean and Hebrew when listening but i'm a lot more apprehensive when speaking it sometimes.

Even if Golovkin's interviews are very samey, at least he has the confidence to say what he has to say.

Floyd has about the same amount of stock aswers as Golovkin and he speaks in his native tongue haha.

I did notice Canelo could answer some questions in Spanish that were in English, so i guess it is just a confidence thing or maybe he want's his answers to be clear and not misquoted which is easily done in that situation. He probably knows how to say it in English if he tries. I just thought he might try because his fights are in USA and it might make him more appealing to the casual fan who tunes in.

Comment

So true, and Golovkin ends up giving a different answer lol. While Canelo only answers back in Spanish to the translator. Don't think Loma knows a lot of English though. If not mistaken Canelo was learning English as well.

You know Max, this is serious, great boxer great boxer lol

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Listening and speaking are different things though. I can understand quite a bit of Korean and Hebrew but i'm a lot more apprehensive when speaking it sometimes.

Even if Golovkin's interviews are very samey, at least he has the confidence to say what he has to say.

Floyd has about the same amount of stock aswers as Golovkin and he speaks in his native tongue haha.

I did notice Canelo could answer some questions in Spanish that were in English, so i guess it is just a confidence thing. He probably knows how to say it in English if he tries. I just thought he might try because his fights are in USA and it might make him more appealing to the casual fan who tunes in.
              But do you agree Golovkin plays the fool? The kid has an ear-piece for major protocol interviews such as on ESPN. Not sure how the selected enterpreter chooses to translate questions for Golovkin, but he consistently says the same things over and over. He's an adult, he knows how to pay bills just like any man in the real world. In boxing A side vs B side money talks and dramas are nothing new, and even fighters argue about splits coherently knowing the circumstances.

If GGG thought the splits were not fair, he'd ideally say it. So there's an inconsistency between the K2 camps. This is common sense because Alvarez and Oscar detail offer negotiations to the public even though both fighters have different challenges ahead of them.

Didn't K2 have problems with the splits for Jacobs and the WBA? Or coincidentally the Jacobs vs GGG hault fiasco had to do with GBP negotiations? see what I'm getting at?

Comment

Most people that listen to a Canelo interview speak Spanish though, makes sense he answers in Spanish, maybe few hundred thousand on PPV, but 20 million Mexicans are listening to the same interview, speaking for the Mexicans when hes doing his post fight interviews

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Most people that listen to a Canelo interview speak Spanish though, makes sense he answers in Spanish, maybe few hundred thousand on PPV, but 20 million Mexicans are listening to the same interview, speaking for the Mexicans when hes doing his post fight interviews
                  There's more allowed coverage for Loma...

I mean don't boxing fans want to know Gennady's real ability to answer questions more appropriately?

Comment

english is his native language hes just really really stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X