No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez vs. Miguel Marriaga Tops PPV Card on April 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
    Al Haymon gives us Thurman vs Garcia on free tv and bob arum gives us Valdez on PPV

Haymon bad for boxing doe !
    Don't be naive. Waddell and Reed are giving you Thurman vs Garcia on free TV. If Arum was simply given 500 million dollars for free to work with, I'm pretty sure he would have given us good matchups a LOT quicker.

And how do you think Haymon is planning to make all that money he lost back? After Thurman beats Garcia and Spence beats Brook, at some point he will probably put them all on PPV.

I mean, it would be crazy for any networks to give PBC a contract, but since everyone apparently loves to give Haymon money for him to lose, that would be the only other way to make the money back. Otherwise, the plan seems to be to use the Waddell and Reed money to buy up all the talent, pay to expose the talent to more viewers, and then put the talent on PPV and make the viewers start paying to watch it after they've gotten invested in the boxers.

It's called a "loss leader" strategy. What is a loss leader strategy? Read this: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lossleader.asp

A loss leader is a product or service at a price that is not profitable but is sold or offered in order to attract new customers or to sell additional products and services to those customers.
    Does that sound fan friendly to you? Haymon's whole business plan seems to be to lose a ton of money buying up all the talent, put everyone else out of business so only he is left, and then when he is the only one left with all the boxers, fans will have nowhere else to go but to buy his PPVs if they want to watch boxing.

Again I ask, does that sound fan friendly?

Ironically for all the racially biased black fans who love Haymon and ducking fighters, but hate GGG and Kovalev, it may actually be GGG and Kovalev who put Haymon out of business. See Haymon thought all the best fighters out there were either black or Mexican, basically, and that by buying up all the established names in North America, he would have all the talent.

But I don't think Haymon calculated that suddenly a lot of the best fighters would be coming out of Eastern Europe. He caught on eventually and signed Khytrov, whose career he totally messed up by having him in the WBC rankings getting VADA tested while letting him fight someone who didn't need to be VADA tested in Aleem, and he caught on with Beterbiev and a few others, but he missed out on the big fish like GGG, Kovalev, and Lomachenko. And even if Beterbiev is a big fish, he hasn't shown personality like they have yet, and Haymon has totally ruined his momentum by not pushing Stevenson to fight him.

So at the end of the day, it might just be these great European fighters you guys hate who will ruin Haymon's entire plan. I don't really care about any of that, I just want to see great fights, which for this entire decade, Haymon has failed to provide. Finally now that he's running out of money, he seems to be pushing his guys to fight the best, like Berto said.

"This year everyone has to fight everyone," Berto said. Which raises the question, WHAT ABOUT THE LAST 10 YEARS LOL?

Berto completely admitted that up until this year, Haymon fighters were not expected to fight the best. So for you guys to still ask why people don't like Al Haymon, and pretend it has anything to do with race, is completely dishonest. Stop lying to us, or to yourself. Berto done TOLD Y'ALL why Al Haymon sucks. He done TOLD Y'ALL that up until this year, Haymon fighters didn't have to fight the best, and only this year was that going to change.

Well, I'm not just a boxing fan in 2017. I've been a boxing fan through the entire Haymon era, so no, I'm not going to suddenly say Haymon is great because he's had two good months after Haymon totally ruined the sport for the last decade. Remember how Haymon ruined HBO Boxing and put Berto in mismatch after mismatch? Remember how Haymon ruined Showtime boxing and made mismatch after mismatch? Remember how the first two years of PBC, Haymon had all his welterweights fight B-level, worn down guys like Robert Guerrero, Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson who Matthysse knocked out in 3 rounds at 140, etc etc, instead of fighting each other?

Well, y'all must of forgot. But not me. I remember how Haymon was the king of mismatches for a decade, so when Haymon puts together a decade of great fights to make up for that, not just a few months, then I will be a fan of Haymon's boxing brand. Until then, he still has a lot of work to do to win over fans of a sport he singlehandedly ran into the ground for almost 10 years. Because great matchups are what is important, not what channel they are on. Yes, it's nice to see boxing on network TV, but not if the matchups suck. And up until recently, they usually have. If you want to pretend to forget that in order to support the black promoter no matter what, that's fine, but the non-racially biased people like myself are going to see things straight, the way they are in reality. We're going to judge his boxing brand on the matchups fans get, not on the skin color of the promoter or the fighters. And for the better part of a decade, Haymon's matchups were consistently the worst in boxing.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 03-02-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
      Al Haymon gives us Thurman vs Garcia on free tv and bob arum gives us Valdez on PPV

Haymon bad for boxing doe !
      Actually its Showtime, but Yeah you're right

Comment

is it fair to say Top Rank is basically broke right now?

PPV for this, while a decent fight, is hilariously bad

Comment

We gets fights like Garcia/Peterson, Thurman/Porter, Santa Cruz/Mares, Santa Cruz/Frampton 1 & 2, Broner/Porter, and Garcia/Thurman all for free but we have to pay for these mismatches

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            Aint this better than seeing this guy on HBO latino or a TruTv headliner? I D C honestly, what's $5 with a few homies, beer, bbq and more beer really gonna cost?

I have 5 hardcore boxing fans in my circle that'll be down.
            ****** azz mafaka,fat beer drinkers
            ..you're going way off topic , were talking about ppv prices and worthy cards..

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
              ****** azz mafaka,fat beer drinkers
              ..you're going way off topic , were talking about ppv prices and worthy cards..
              @ THE BOLDED.. you god damn right lol.. You say that like it's insulting

Comment

THIS MUST BE A SICK JOKE OR AN EARLY APRIL FOOLS PRANK......

Comment

Nice Card! I have to admit, that's not bad! Is this a $70 PPV fight? Not really! Not when we're watching Thurman vs. Garcia on CBS! Maybe Bob makes it a $30 PPV? It works in places outside the U.S., why not here?

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                    Actually its Showtime, but Yeah you're right
                    ITS CBS AND PBC AND HAYMON.... SHOWTIME IS JUST BEING PAID FOR PRODUCTION STRUCTURE..... WITHOUT HAYMON NOTHING HAPPENS.... JUST ASK OSCARINA DE LA ****

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                      ITS CBS AND PBC AND HAYMON.... SHOWTIME IS JUST BEING PAID FOR PRODUCTION STRUCTURE..... WITHOUT HAYMON NOTHING HAPPENS.... JUST ASK OSCARINA DE LA ****
                      I know you LOVE some haymon and secretly in love with the Golden boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X