Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Does Kell Brook Quit Against Next (After He Quit Against GGG)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    He DID NOT quit, though. His CORNER threw the towel in.

There is a HUGE difference. A fighter quits when he, by his own mouth (or actions; or sometimes even moreso - inaction). Brook didn't have a choice in the matter.

Also, I'd say it gets even deeper. If a boxer has broken an orbital bone, there's nothing cowardly about voluntarily pulling yourself out of the fight. I mean, we're talking about permanent vision loss, even blindness. Just look at Margarito's eye now - can he even see out of that thing? That's from him suffering a broken orbital bone in the 4th round against Pac, yet continuing to fight onward because his trainer, nor ref (or even ringside doctor) were responsible enough to save Margarito from his own heart.

I guess technically, anybody who does voluntarily stop fighting "quits," though. But we all know the term is used as a pejorative in these regards.

So I'd save that term "quitter" for people like Nicholas Walters, or Victor Ortiz (not counting the time he broke his jaw). Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the Fonfara fight.

Brook did prove his mettle. He showed heart, balls, and skill, and had no control over the fight being stopped.

He already proved he was world class after thoroughly dispatching of Shawn Porter, and SNATCHING THAT "0" in the process!

Who the hell has Spence beaten that's anywhere near Porter's level? Yet he gets all these accolades and props?!? LOOOOOL. *CRICKETS*
    I am sure brooks told his corner when he starts bombing me thro the towel in. no doubt in my mind and roy jones in the 4th round said he is giving up

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      in that video spence looks real easy to counter with a left hook and other punches
      You're not alone in this observation my good man; he definitely looks extremely vulnerable to a technically sound boxer-puncher like Brook who throws extremely crispy single punches, and combinations. The 1-2 works like a charm for Brook! And the way he switches from the 1-2, to leading with the 2... His 2-3, and 5-2 are executed beautifully.

Spence is going to walk into something big. And his chin is untested against world class punching power.

Comment

I am sure brooks told his corner when he starts bombing me thro the towel in. no doubt in my mind and roy jones in the 4th round said he is giving up
        That is a pretty big assumption to make without any evidence whatsoever, doe.

I don't know what Roy Jones was talking about. Brook did go into survival mode there in the second half of the fourth, but he wasn't looking for his corner, and at the ref to stop it. Boxers do this all the time - bite down on their mouthpiece, tuck the chin, and hold the high-guard tight while taking punches.

Let's say Brook did tell his corner that, along with telling them that something "feels very wrong" with his eye. And he thinks he has broken something.

Would that really be deserving of the same pejorative label as "quitter"? In the same league as what Nicholas Walters did? Who wasn't even hurt at all, rather just wanted to save face from further humiliation via outclassing.

I mean, we're talking about permanent injuries here. You keep fighting with a broken orbital bone you're risking losing vision.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒearless View Post
          Yea, gotta at least give him props for that. Broken orbital HAD to hurt like a MF, probably felt it after the adrenaline wore off.

You know that shlt will be targeted from now on, just like Marg's was in Cotto II. Will be interesting to see..
          I broke a guys eye socket and he did not cry

Comment

That is a pretty big assumption to make without any evidence whatsoever, doe.

I don't know what Roy Jones was talking about. Brook did go into survival mode there in the second half of the fourth, but he wasn't looking for his corner, and at the ref to stop it. Boxers do this all the time - bite down on their mouthpiece, tuck the chin, and hold the high-guard tight while taking punches.

Let's say Brook did tell his corner that, along with telling them that something "feels very wrong" with his eye. And he thinks he has broken something.

Would that really be deserving of the same pejorative label as "quitter"? In the same league as what Nicholas Walters did? Who wasn't even hurt at all, rather just wanted to save face from further humiliation via outclassing.

I mean, we're talking about permanent injuries here. You keep fighting with a broken orbital bone you're risking losing vision.
            I don't say he quit as just walking away or quitting on his stool but it was a little fishy to me

Comment

I broke a guys eye socket and he did not cry
              Lol well you my good man, and the other dude, are both badasses.

Wot type of fight was it/wot was the scenario in how it happened?

Did ya'll stop fighting upon it happening?

Comment

I don't say he quit as just walking away or quitting on his stool but it was a little fishy to me
                I don't know... He seemed to legit be trying to stay in the fight until his trainer threw the towel in.

He was never once looking at his corner, or he never took a knee and refused to stand back up at 10. He went into a shell, which a lot of boxers do when trying to recover. Although that's one of the worst things you can do, IMO. It's much better to tie up, or simply stay right in your opponent's chest so he can't generate full leverage on his punches. Put your head right under his chin, and walk him back with your guard up.

Comment

He clearly didn't quit. Much props to Kell for taking on a man that much bigger men are avoiding. He put up a hell of a fight. Had me on the edge of my seat cheering like I was in the stands. Look forward to more from him.

Comment

He DID NOT quit, though. His CORNER threw the towel in.

There is a HUGE difference. A fighter quits when he, by his own mouth (or actions; or sometimes even moreso - inaction). Brook didn't have a choice in the matter.

Also, I'd say it gets even deeper. If a boxer has broken an orbital bone, there's nothing cowardly about voluntarily pulling yourself out of the fight. I mean, we're talking about permanent vision loss, even blindness. Just look at Margarito's eye now - can he even see out of that thing? That's from him suffering a broken orbital bone in the 4th round against Pac, yet continuing to fight onward because his trainer, nor ref (or even ringside doctor) were responsible enough to save Margarito from his own heart.

I guess technically, anybody who does voluntarily stop fighting "quits," though. But we all know the term is used as a pejorative in these regards.

So I'd save that term "quitter" for people like Nicholas Walters, or Victor Ortiz (not counting the time he broke his jaw). Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the Fonfara fight.

Brook did prove his mettle. He showed heart, balls, and skill, and had no control over the fight being stopped.

He already proved he was world class after thoroughly dispatching of Shawn Porter, and SNATCHING THAT "0" in the process!

Who the hell has Spence beaten that's anywhere near Porter's level? Yet he gets all these accolades and props?!? LOOOOOL. *CRICKETS*
                    the fight was stopped because brook began taking punishment, not because a doctor threw in the towel. According to Brook himself, the injury happened in round 1, so if there was so much concern for his future well-being, why did they wait until the 5th round, when he was on the verge of being knocked out?

and who has shawn porter beaten at 154 to put him levels above spence...he's fought better competition, but he's lost to the best fighters he's fought also.

in that video spence looks real easy to counter with a left hook and other punches
                    everyone looks easy to counter when you're not in danger from the barrage of shots he's firing. when he hurts kell, and corners him on the ropes, we'll see how he responds.

Comment

If u think Brook quit you havent fought or sparred in your ****ing life.

Yeah just let a monster like GGG pound on you. You ****ing moron. If he quit he wouldnt have came out for the 4th round, he would have taken a dive or took a knee. Kell brook was trying to survive and get his bearinslgs but GGG was too relentless.

Kell wanted to keep going, he was just wearing down from GGG's power and size thats why he was on the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                      X