Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the posters who box, train or just work out at the gym, lets share video/tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the posters who box, train or just work out at the gym, lets share video/tips

I'll start. I'll post some footage from sparring yesterday. Did about 5 rounds. Rae has like 50 fights so of course he is working with me and not going 100%

My stance is a little wide, legs too far apart. I need more head movement and a more consistent jab. Lingering on the center line, I got caught with a few but all and all. Feeling better every time I spar.

I think this is the first round excuse the cameraman....the only person available to record was a kid and he shaking more than a $2 stripper

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I'll start. I'll post some footage from sparring yesterday. Did about 5 rounds. Rae has like 50 fights so of course he is working with me and not going 100%

My stance is a little wide, legs too far apart. I need more head movement and a more consistent jab. Lingering on the center line, I got caught with a few but all and all. Feeling better every time I spar.

I think this is the first round excuse the cameraman....the only person available to record was a kid and he shaking more than a $2 stripper
    Props for the share, man, you're putting in some decent work but ummm... doesn't this belong on the training and nutrition forum? If nothing else you'll probably get less trolling and more informed and beneficial comments.

Imcidentally - I'm assuming you're the dude in the headguard - your footwork seems a little like you've transitioned from another martial art, maybe karate or Taekwando, but that could just be me or the wide stance you mention.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-01-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Props for the share, man, you're putting in some decent work but ummm... doesn't this belong on the training and nutrition forum? If nothing else you'll probably get less trolling and more informed and beneficial comments.
      The training section is a graveyard....barely has any traffic

plus its guys on this section I know that get work in

I don't care about trolling.....this is NSB.....NOn Stop Bytching....aka Never Boxed Section...the guys whove done the least usually have the most to say

Comment

I have a pet peeve against trainers that claim weightlifting is bad/pointless for boxers.

You don't lift weights to gain size, you do it to build strength. I think every boxer needs a knowledgeable trainer in powerlifting on their team. Body weight push-ups don't build strength. Yes, conditioning is king, but some of these talented boxers out there literally have no power at all which is vital to becoming a world class champion, typically.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

Imcidentally - I'm assuming you're the dude in the headguard - your footwork seems a little like you've transitioned from another martial art, maybe karate or Taekwando, but that could just be me or the wide stance you mention.
          I wrested in high school...I actually did tae kwon do a while in middle school.

I boxed 2 years back in 05-07. My stance has been a lil wide. My coach has been working with me on my set and footwork. One day @ a time

Comment

I know what you are doing here.
            I usually post threads that should go to the history section but I don't post them there because the lack of activity.
            But the trolling is too big here so i stopped.

Comment

There is a training sub forum, fool.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                I have a pet peeve against trainers that claim weightlifting is bad/pointless for boxers.

You don't lift weights to gain size, you do it to build strength. I think every boxer needs a knowledgeable trainer in powerlifting on their team. Body weight push-ups don't build strength. Yes, conditioning is king, but some of these talented boxers out there literally have no power at all which is vital to becoming a world class champion, typically.
                Yes strength and conditioning is a must. Weights are essential in strengthening isolated areas

Its not a major part of our training rege but we do include it.

Using weights the right way also helps with conditioning

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  I know what you are doing here.
                  I usually post threads that should go to the history section but I don't post them there because the lack of activity.
                  But the trolling is too big here so i stopped.
                  I couldn't care less about the trolling

The training section is dead. I know its posters here that get down, train, fight, work out

You're right

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    There is a training sub forum, fool.
                    You couldn't resist lol....king troll himself lol

Comment

Working...
                    X