No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Khan on May 19, Says Koncz After Arum Meeting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
    See what happens when Arum isn't too involved in negotiations? Sh *t gets done, son! Now if only we can get little Oscar De La Arum out of the way. Probably could get some big fights there, too.

Arum talked about it, again..... but Koncz pulled it off

oh lordie

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      its possible. pac aint that monster he once was. unless manny fights super cautious i can see a tko happening if khan is on his a game.
      There's absolutely no way that Khan stops PAC. Pac gets stopped by knockouts, not accumulation tkos. Manny will eat his ish and clap them gloves together. Then it's a wrap

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
        Pac gets stopped by knockouts, not accumulation tkos.
        Never forget.

Comment

Khan to win early rounds. Eventually he slows and PAC warms up, 8-4 or 7-5 decision for pacman. Though if he catches Khan like he did Tim Bradley a knockdown or ko is definitely possible.

Obviously arum wanted to give PAC softballs until Crawford was big enough to become a star.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
            There's absolutely no way that Khan stops PAC. Pac gets stopped by knockouts, not accumulation tkos. Manny will eat his ish and clap them gloves together. Then it's a wrap
            pac has been caught by slower fighter, khan is much faster than any of manny's recent oppoents besides floyd. but floyd barely throws compare to khan. so pac is gonna be eating more shots from khan. like i said, unless manny fights super cautious i can see khan pulling off the upset if he's on his a game. and plus pac doesnt tap his gloves anymore. when he gets caught with a shot, he just nod his head to let his opponent know that he got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I guess this means HBO will not handle the PPV. Top Rank on their own I guess. HBO already has Canelo-Chavez on May 6 and never do two major PPVs so close in one month.
              Could wind up on Showtime. If they do go the indy route again they're gonna make a ***** ton more than the vargas ppv

Comment

the april date seemed way too close for a fight like this. So moving the date back makes sense. But now you talking about a friday PPV? And it's way too close to HBO's bigger PPV with Canelo/Chavez. They going to have to move this date again if they want it to be successful. And I haven't heard a peep from HBO, last time Top Rank tried to make a deal quick with a date that wasn't signed off by HBO ahead of time they passed on it. Manny/Khan is a bigger fight then Manny/Vargas but it's just not good business to put out both PPVs that close and they are more invested in Canelo these days then Manny.

Comment

Michael Koncz..... promoter extraordinaire

he pulled off the elusive Dubai deal, when nobody else could

everybody else talked about it, but Koncz nailed it

pretty slick hustle right there LMAO

word has it, Bob is thrilled about this fight.....

WAR Manny !

Comment

Duco chief Dean Lonergan still insists Pacquiao will fight his man

" yes, yes of course..... Bob reassured me that Pacquiao will be fighting Horn in Brisbane "

welcome to the world of " Bob-speak " Dean LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Never forget.

look at all that running. No wonder he got a nike endorsement for running shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X