No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Khan Will Happen in UAE, Says Michael Koncz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking Khan has a good chance to win??
    I agree. It's been a while since pacquaio was stopping everyone and Khan can outbox anyone.

Comment

So pac has traded in the running of his career from one *** to another

Comment

PROPS TO MICHAEL CUNDZ IF THIS DEAL HAPPENS IN THE UAE....

Comment

The UAE can't be trusted as capable of holding a major boxing event until proven otherwise.... time and time again there have been talks of big fights in Dubai but they never materialise.

Who is the group that offered $38million? I haven't seen any hint of names.
          Last edited by Caught Square; 02-27-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
            Am I crazy for thinking Khan has a good chance to win??
            No you're not, after all, one punch can end the fight. But if you are basing your decision because Khan has fast hands and he was doing good against Canela then yes, you are crazy. Manny with his 38 years of age is still Manny and not a lot of fighters can figure him out. He looks beatable from the outside but inside the ring it's a whole different game. Look at his recent fights, even though his punch output has declined, he still got his skills and is relying more on them as the years go by. Feints, weird punching angles, little traps here and there can cause a fighter to not engage as much. And then there's Amir's Chin.

Comment

So what time is the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                I agree. It's been a while since pacquaio was stopping everyone and Khan can outbox anyone.
                here's the thing though. khan is NOT the type of fighter to outbox his opponent for all 12 rounds. He can do it for 4-5 rounds but As the fight goes on longer, khan gets sloppier and more desperate.

Khan is the type of fighter that needs to take his opponent out early if not then khan fades in the second half of the fight and it doesnt matter who the opponent is, it can be a c level fighter but if khan doesnt take that fighter out early, then khan will struggle in the second half. It's like his confidence fades away if he cant hurt his opponent.

now add in the fact that khan used to be trained by roach and the main reason for khan leaving was because he felt roach wasnt giving him enough attention. knowing this, you know khan is going to go out there trying to prove a point.

Comment

Top Rank even part of the promotion? Pacquiao even in training? All these one sentence statements from Koncz don't reveal much of anything.

Comment

You get the feeling this may not run as smoothly as planned. Both fighters have announced though, so hopefully it's in place and ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      You get the feeling this may not run as smoothly as planned. Both fighters have announced though, so hopefully it's in place and ready to go.
                      ya im sure they have a backup in bolton plan if uae site falls through

Comment

Working...
                      X