No announcement yet.

Fighters much more willing to throw punches at Wilder than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters much more willing to throw punches at Wilder than Joshua

What I noticed is that fighters open up a lot more against Wilder than Joshua. Molina had his moments against Wilder and even rocked him. Washington last night had Deontay on the back foot. Stiverne did as well. On the other hand it seems like when people get in the ring with AJ they go into a shell. AJ walks his opponents down. He treated Molina like a little boy.

Looking at the Ugonoh/Breazeale fight, Breazeale walked Izu down too and against AJ he was on his back foot the whole fight.

AJ might have that GGG effect on fighters. I always ask myself why don't fighters just stand in the pocket and trade with GGG. They get in the ring and get on their bicycle every time. Monroe outboxed Golovkin in the pocket but was scared of the power. AJ might be a much better counter puncher and fighter in the pocket than Golovkin so the same strategy I say that fighters should use against GGG may not work against AJ though so idk.

Wilder doesn't throw every punch hard. Where as I notice AJ throws everything hard. opponents get frozen up.

It's almost like Wilder sandbags a bit. he lulls his opponents into the mid-late rounds. Open them up then WHAM. He goes apechit and ends the fight.

WIlder reminds me Julian Jackson.
    Last edited by HeadShots; 02-26-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

They stop swinging after he hits them flush tho..i think Wilder is the hardest puncher in the sport

Comment

AJ has a very quick and powerful Jab. It keeps them at bay. Especially his left.. Breazeale, Martin and Molina all said the same about him.

Comment

I think AJ is going to have to change the way he fights when he fights Wilder. Wilder wants you to walk right into his right hand so coming forward could be dangerous..

Comment

AJ can box, he has a very good jab unlike Wilder. Having a good jab allows you to control distance and limit your opponents opportunity to throw and keeps them hesitant, they have to get past your jab before opening up. Wilder lacks this and as a result it's a lot easier for guys to establish their own jab and start their own offence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
              What I noticed is that fighters open up a lot more against Wilder than Joshua. Molina had his moments against Wilder and even rocked him. Washington last night had Deontay on the back foot. Stiverne did as well. On the other hand it seems like when people get in the ring with AJ they go into a shell. AJ walks his opponents down. He treated Molina like a little boy.

Looking at the Ugonoh/Breazeale fight, Breazeale walked Izu down too and against AJ he was on his back foot the whole fight.

AJ might have that GGG effect on fighters. I always ask myself why don't fighters just stand in the pocket and trade with GGG. They get in the ring and get on their bicycle every time. Monroe outboxed Golovkin in the pocket but was scared of the power. AJ might be a much better counter puncher and fighter in the pocket than Golovkin so the same strategy I say that fighters should use against GGG may not work against AJ though so idk.
              That short ,longed armed funny looking dude had success against AJ. I don't believe he would against Wilder. Not one motivational minute. I think his name is Dillan something

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                I think AJ is going to have to change the way he fights when he fights Wilder. Wilder wants you to walk right into his right hand so coming forward could be dangerous..
                Not if he uses the jab to push wilder back.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  so what do you suppose wilder does when all he does is throw the right?

Wilder goes forward to throw his rollercoaster loop right hand.. how do you suppose he does that when he's eating snowplough left jabs everytime he even tries to come forward?

Aj doesnt just walk towards you. he walks whilst maintaining the correct distance with his jab. He also moves out of range when he senses something coming his way so considering deontay might aswell send you a messenger pigeon for when he throws that right hand i dont see your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    Wilder doesn't throw every punch hard. Where as I notice AJ throws everything hard. opponents get frozen up.

It's almost like Wilder sandbags a bit. he lulls his opponents into the mid-late rounds. Open them up then WHAM. He goes apechit and ends the fight.

WIlder reminds me Julian Jackson.
                    This isn't necessarily a good thing though.

And AJ also juices. If I was in the ring with a roidhead I'd be hesitant too.

Comment

Working...
                    X