Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Leonard had trouble with Duran and Hearts. Spence beats both easily due to size.
    Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      And drinking too obviously..lol

Oscar is not a good promoter.
      Wait a minute here you guys can't have it both ways. Conello is the biggest cash cow right now. How many times have you all heard that after Mayweather retired. GGG is the B side take 15 million that's the most you will ever make in 1 fight. But according now to posters Oscar can't promote huh am I missing something here. Having the biggest cash cow but can't promote ok sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Who has Oscar De La Hoya developed since taking the helm of the company? lol

Alvarez was already a made star by the point Oscar took over, and there's been noting that Oscar has added to make Alvarez an even bigger star.

Haymon's model is messy, but it works out in the long run; test the guys out, fight the fights against each other, and "king of the hill" has the stage set to launch into superstardom.

Fighters keep as active as they want to be kept; between the 50 PBC TV dates (at least 15 fight cards between FOX, ESPN, SpikeTV) and Showtime putting up serious money, there are enough dates to be kept active if you want.
        Think about it this way if Gbp put Spence on Conello s under cards, on pay per views and HBO tune up fights Spence would get more exposure to the average fight fan. Spence would start making a name for himself more opportunities to unify the welterweight division if he gets by Brook first. That's the angle I was working with when GBP promoting Spence.

Comment

If Spence started knocking fighters out on these under cards fans are going to take notice and be drawn to his fights that's how fan bases are built. King and Arum have done it that way for years. Oscar has way more time for Spence and better networks for his fighters to give Spence and make him a future pay per-view star. By The way it's 2017 now how long has Schaeffer been gone from Golden boy. Gbp is doing all right without him.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Is this a joke?
            Im pretty sure Spence is bigger and stronger than hearns and Duran

Comment

Spence hit harder than Leonard and is a better body puncher than Leonard in my opinion. I think Spence will KO Brook and I'll be betting money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Spence hit harder than Leonard and is a better body puncher than Leonard in my opinion. I think Spence will KO Brook and I'll be betting money on it.
                Spence would probably be the best welter back in that era

Comment

Osco knows Spence has no promoter and is up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
                    Wait a minute here you guys can't have it both ways. Conello is the biggest cash cow right now. How many times have you all heard that after Mayweather retired. GGG is the B side take 15 million that's the most you will ever make in 1 fight. But according now to posters Oscar can't promote huh am I missing something here. Having the biggest cash cow but can't promote ok sure.
                    Canelo isnt the biggest cash cow.

Comment

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya believes welterweight contender Errol Spence is one of the best up and coming fighters in the sport - and he would love to have the United States Olympian sign with his company.
                      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Working...
                      X