Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya is Firm: Chavez Jr. Can Derail Canelo vs. Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alabama Man View Post
    But, I'll say it again: The only way Canelo doesn't fight GGG in September is if he loses this fight against Chavez or if this fight is so exciting that the fans demand a rematch."

He forgot to mention the 3rd option, which is they keep offering GGG that joke of a flat rate. Must be great to have so many choices to pick from!
    According to GB, the guarantee offered is $15 million and includes a percentage split. That was not refuted by K2 and Golovkin's crew. That might be a "joke" to some folks, but it is a lot more money that Golovkin has ever made for a fight and more than Canelo received for fighting Mayweather and Cotto by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
      So Oscar wants us to believe that the reason Canelo vs ggg didn't happen for may is because the boxing public demanded Chavez Jr instead?? Only an idiot would prefer this fight over Canelo vs ggg. Clean it up coke whore.
      I believe the guy who wrote the story got it wrong. Canelo's camp always talked about fight GGG in September, not May. Golovkin mentioned he would fight Canelo in May. He has been begging for this fight for the last two years and has mentioned several dates along the way. It might be that either GGG and/or Canelo get derailed in their next fight, then the GGG/Canelo fight will be of little interest to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
        I believe the guy who wrote the story got it wrong. Canelo's camp always talked about fight GGG in September, not May. Golovkin mentioned he would fight Canelo in May. He has been begging for this fight for the last two years and has mentioned several dates along the way. It might be that either GGG and/or Canelo get derailed in their next fight, then the GGG/Canelo fight will be of little interest to anyone.
        I don't know if the guy who wrote it got it wrong but Oscar is infamous for double talking. He said they made an offer for 10 miles and no ppv upside, then he said 15 Mil, then 2 days ago he went back down to 10 Mil plus ppv. Who knows what to believe.

Comment

Yep, things get more and more curious with Oscar. I know he is very successful and no doubt smart, but at times he makes no sense at all. In some way, it reminds of strange utterings of an orange-haired guy I keep seeing in the news. Let's hope the fight is made next September...it will be UUGE!

Comment

De la holic needs to cut it. there's no such thing as canelo vs golovkin

Comment

I want to see Canelo KO'd

Comment

I guess there are people dumb enough to take Oscar at his word. Why otherwise would he continue to spew such nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                  Thor: The Dark World outgrossed that clown Captain America:Winter Soldier in 72 % of the territories!! Sold more blu ray/dvds!! The Mighty Thor returns In July 2017! Get ready for the coming of RAGNAROK!!! Hela, goddess of death!! The god of mischief, Loki!! The Enchantress and Skurge!!! The fire demon SURTUR!!!
                  You are a DORK.

Comment

Damn, Jr. suffering from potato head in that picture. Anyways, of could Oscar would say that. He could only hope that happened because he wouldn't want two back to back losses on Canelo's resume.

Wasn't it already stated there is a rematch clause in the contract? Basically guaranteeing another big money fight for Canelo should he lose, and not have to make it GGG.

Comment

the avoiding continues

Comment

Working...
                      X