No announcement yet.

Is Canelo waiting for GGG to age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    he dropped his belt cause they couldn't make a deal and the purse bid will lead to 55/45 split
    No, he dropped his belt because he doesn't want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      No, he dropped his belt because he doesn't want to fight him.
      I'm saying facts and your giving me opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        I'm saying facts and your giving me opinions
        Ok. And the opinion of nearly every other boxer/trainer who speaks out on the subject.

Let's look at the facts, mandatory challenger is GGG, dumps the belt and moves to 154 after calling him into the ring.

What is that? A duck.

And now what? A cash grab at 164 against a weight drained pot head. Marquez, Angulo, Hunter, Chavez (both) all called it how it is: Canelo and GBP do not want to fight Golovkin now.

You have to have some weird agenda to not understand that, and now they are hiding behind a flat fee for the biggest fight in boxing today. Outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Pacquiao was a mssive star making 20-30 mil a fight when he was offered 40 mil. Pacquiao wasn't offered 5x his highest payday like Golovkin.

Would Pacquiao have turned down a $100-150 mil flat fee? That would have been 5x his highest payday like Golovkin has been offered.
          Pacquiao was offered 4 times he's standard payday to fight Floyd initially and he turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Before he finally grows a pair and fights him or do you think he genuinely has no interest?
            no, because $15 million is more than he'll ever get in a fight and is a more than reasonable offer

$15 million = 4687650000 Kazakhstani Tenge

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              no, because $15 million is more than he'll ever get in a fight and is a more than reasonable offer

$15 million = 4687650000 Kazakhstani Tenge
              I doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                I doubt that
                http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/...rom=USD&To=KZT

Comment

Hell yes Canelo is waiting for Golovkin to age -- which he appears to be doing very quickly.

Golovkin looked like garbage against Brook IMO. Yes, he managed to damage his (blown-up welterweight) opponent and end the fight. But he looked frankly on the verge of being washed up. He took some hefty shots (particularly uppercuts) that will add up on his body very quickly.

If I'm Golden Boy and Canelo watching that Brook fight, I'm licking my chops. Thinking "good, let's wait about another year and take this MF'r out."

This is a better strategy than fighting GGG in his prime. Marinate, marinate the fight some more, and marinate some more, marinate some more, and then do the fight. In the meantime, bend over and pick up easy-peasy money against Chavez Junior, who has zero discipline and will be drained to death and can't possibly win.

Comment

Canelo could have saved face and been respected by his fan base and the rest of boxing had he fought Golovkin when he was the mandatory. Instead he gave up his belt and vacated. Pretty obvious he was running from that fight.

Now they claim to be offering Golovkin 15M. Golovkin should call his bluff and take the offer. When he does Team Canelo will put forth some other condition to hold it up. Just my opinion.

Comment

No Canelo is waiting for GGG to sign the contract.

GGG/Tom Loeffler confirmed that an offer of $15 million was sent to GGG and he rejected that contract. No sources that prove a counteroffer was ever sent, just more trash talk from Sanchez and lots of trash talk from Golovtards.

Sign the contract lil g.

Comment

Working...
                      X