Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

On his own turf. In Russia.

They said Wilder would duck Povetkin if Haymon lost the purse bid. That didn't happen. Povetkin's promoter won the bid, set the date in Russia, and Wilder was training overseas in preparation to make a title defense against a top heavyweight fighter.

Unfortunately, Povetkin wasn't confident enough in his abilities and tried to get away with cheating instead of battling the Bronze Bomber on a level playing field.

Instead, Wilder takes whatever he can get on short notice, injures himself in the fight, and suffers a setback. In his comeback fight, his opponent once again tests postive for PEDs resulting in another lower caliber short notice opponent.

I agree Wilder needs to improve his resume. But fact of the matter is that he tried to but his opponent was a coward and needed "extra advantages".
    They View Wilder as a Threat To Their Favorite Fighter
    25.53%
    Wilder is With Al Haymon and they Hate Everything Al Haymon Related
    27.66%
    Al Haymon Advised Floyd and they Hate Everything Floyd Related
    25.53%
    They Are Emotional About Ward's Victory over Kovalev and Are Taking Their Frustrations Out on Wilder
    21.28%

Homie, you know which posters are doing this and why.

Comment

Why do you pretend like it overshadows the other bums he's fought as if it's Povetkin's fault that he chose Wrazdyk or Szpilka or Arreola or Molina.

It's such a girly attitude to deflect his piss poor resume on Povetkin. Yes he pulled out, yes he's on PEDs. What's Wilder going to do about it? Keep fighting bums or fight some actual contenders?

Comment

Wilder has one of the poorest resumes I have ever seen for a HW prospect

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          On his own turf. In Russia.

They said Wilder would duck Povetkin if Haymon lost the purse bid. That didn't happen. Povetkin's promoter won the bid, set the date in Russia, and Wilder was training overseas in preparation to make a title defense against a top heavyweight fighter.

Unfortunately, Povetkin wasn't confident enough in his abilities and tried to get away with cheating instead of battling the Bronze Bomber on a level playing field.

Instead, Wilder takes whatever he can get on short notice, injures himself in the fight, and suffers a setback. In his comeback fight, his opponent once again tests postive for PEDs resulting in another lower caliber short notice opponent.

I agree Wilder needs to improve his resume. But fact of the matter is that he tried to but his opponent was a coward and needed "extra advantages".
          See this is the issue with this BS.

Why did it have to be short notice? Did he fight on the same night? No.

He fought 2 months after the scheduled bout. Why not get an actual opponent?

It's these excuses that makes it incredibly hard to support Wilder or think his fans make sense. When he had no obligation to fight on short notice.

Comment

Mandatory... had to fight him.
            He was never dropping that belt regardless of purse bids being won or lost because a deontay wilder with no WBC belt gets absolutely nothing from another sanctioning body for at least 18 months / 2 years.

Povetkins an arsehole sure... Im not giving props to someone fighting a mando when Brook gets none for spence, thats just double standard and im ****ing british.

Wilder could have fought anyone in the top 10 of the WBC rankings for his opponents other than the povetkin fight.

I'll give him props if he fights someone properly ranked after this fight because of his injury.

Dillian Whyte or Luis Ortiz or a uni, thats it.

Comment

luis ortiz agreed to fight him and he said no so yeah there goes that argument

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Why do you pretend like it overshadows the other bums he's fought as if it's Povetkin's fault that he chose Wrazdyk or Szpilka or Arreola or Molina.

It's such a girly attitude to deflect his piss poor resume on Povetkin. Yes he pulled out, yes he's on PEDs. What's Wilder going to do about it? Keep fighting bums or fight some actual contenders?
                Maybe you East indians can show us how it's done.

AJ just fought one of Wilder's leftovers.
                What does that say about his resume??

Comment

I respect that Wilder was willing to fight Pov in Russia. Im hoping Wilder is willing to take on similar challenges in the future.

However, his resume is weak. He has one good fight in Stiverne....

Doesnt mean he sucks, or he's ducking. It just means the jury is still out on him.

Personally, I think he is too raw, and he probably wont improve too much. The top dogs at HW I think beat him. I would favor Joshua or King KOng over him.

But I respect Wilder and recognize he was willing to fight Pov.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    See this is the issue with this BS.

Why did it have to be short notice? Did he fight on the same night? No.

He fought 2 months after the scheduled bout. Why not get an actual opponent?

It's these excuses that makes it incredibly hard to support Wilder or think his fans make sense. When he had no obligation to fight on short notice.
                    Fights require proper promotion and you have to work with the networks to book the available dates. After the Povetkin fight, they had to scramble to get him in the ring, get a network date, find a venue and promote the event. What elite heavyweights would have been willing to take that fight on such short notice with little time to promote the event?

Comment

Working...
                    X