Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
    Let's just say for argument's sake, Oscar offered $15 mil plus a 15% share of the PPV. Let's also assume the fight would likely do at least 1.5 million buys and around 150 Million, if not more.....that's still 10% to the reigning champion.

It's bowlshyte.......first it was "I'm going to take that fight when my body is comfortable at 160".....?? What happened to that? HE NEVER EVEN TRIED IT and jumped into a much more winnable fight above the weight in which they will drain the other guy down..........now the fight is being held up over the split?

GROW UP CANELO........OSCAR......NO MORE DUI'S.......pay someone to drive and don't drink before you spill this garbage....!!

Oscar is making a fool of himself and Canelo. Floyd could have told Pac "I offered him $40 million, that's the biggest purse he's ever made"......and NOBODY gave Pac any flack for saying 'get bent'....

There's huge double standard. For everyone calling Canelo a chicken like his promoter was once called, Oscar knows there are plenty of trolls that think GGG is a hype job and has plenty of haters lined up.

If I were GGG, I'd say "Ok, you're so sure you're going to beat me, I'll take the low split. But I want a guaranteed rematch of the opposite split after I knock your cement footed red-head out. If you're so confident, shouldn't be a problem. If you win, no rematch, if you do, I get paid. OR....you can buy me out of the rematch for the missing 25% I will have been entitled to by risking all my belts as champion and taking an unheard of 85/15 as champion...........

Jacobs got close to 40/60 vs GGG with NO BASE.....GGG was plenty willing to share the wealth and has plenty of base but needs a real threat to bring them out.........Canelo has trolls......big difference. But it did backfire vs "Beefy"......and yes, the 'All Mexican Showdown" will get $$...but it will be real Mexicans hoping Chavez Jr can pull it off......

There is something wrong here and it's not GGG. I don't want to hear about the past. I want to talk about fair value today........GGG deserves 40%. When he smashes Canelo and walks with 15%?? How will that be fair?? He won't gain more notoriety than he's got. He's already given up his right to the bigger split as champion, acknowledging Canelo is a bigger draw.

But Canelo can't do a serious $150 Mil fight without GGG.......and Oscar knows it. So they'll play this game to keep Canelo from getting ruined........

Boxing these days...........WTF??

Quit 'frocking around', Canelo! Weight is no longer and excuse...he'll make PLENTY for draining Chavez below any point of effectiveness.........then the games will start again.....

Fight GGG or GTFO......I think Andrade beats him, Lara at least deserved a draw and the bigger Charlo probably KO's him too and he'll make less in those fights than in one vs GGG. But for some reason, are doing all they can to avoid it....

If you believe Oscar and Canelo, I got some stuff you should look at.........real cheap property in the about to be booming Detroit area.....you'll make a killing..........LMAO. What Puddy Cat's........**** 'em!!

I hope GGG takes it and smashes the dude just for the sake of doing it. I have a feeling that if they don't bring the right offer, he'll take the fight anyway and move on and just out of frustration, leave Canelo in a heap of broken ribs, collapsed lungs and a not-so-sturdy anymore jaw.....Hell, even Haymon's guys are fighting the best..Wake up Oscar....your cash cow will lose so many fans/buys from not taking the fight, GBP would really start to sink.....
    lol, where did you pull that bull**** number from? Mayweather-Pacquiao was the only PPV event to ever be sold for $100, yet you want to sell Alvarez-Golovkin as a $100 fight?

And that's assuming that no one else gets paid a penny

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Here's the deal, if Canelo doesn't fight GGG, how much longer is he doing profitable ppv's?

He's only going to get away with so many more Liam Smith fights, and there's a lot of overhead for a Canelo fight. He likely rematches Chavez, but then what?
      Alvarez-Smith did 300k PPV buys, over $5m at the live gate, and drew a massive audience in Mexico (live on cable and the regular TV re-air). Once you pay everyone and count the money the Smith fight likely cleared more than $20m (to then pay Saunders, Golden Boy, and Alvarez).

Rematches against Cotto and Chavez Jr are both viable PPV fights, and a fight against Tim Bradley likely still generates at least $20m. You add Billy Joe Saunders and David Lemieux (assuming he beats Stevens to get on a three-fight winning streak), and you're easily looking at 5 PPV fights that Alvarez has in hand that could get him what he made for the Liam Smith fight.

Beyond that, Alvarez seems to be on a deal where he gets 2 PPV for every 1 fight on regular HBO (May, September, December/January). For the HBO date, Alvarez still has Willie Monroe Jr, Hassan N'Dam, JS Heiland, Khurtsidze, Immanuel Aleem, etc as options for regular HBO (where he'd still make massive money in Mexico).

Heck, if Alvarez is willing to accept a freakshow-type match, he could fight Antonio Margarito at Aztec Stadium.

On a 2 PPVs-to-1-regular HBO schedule, Alvarez has 2-3 years worth of a schedule to work with, without having to bother with Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Canelo's PPV numbers are dropping in each fight. This upcoming fight with Chavez will do well but after that I don't see big numbers for him at 154.
        The Lara, Angulo, and Liam Smith PPVs all ended up selling above that basleine 300k PPV buys; put him in their with a fighter with a following (Cotto, Khan, Mayweather, Chavez Jr) and the business goes up well beyond that level.

Regardless of whatever weight Alvarez ends up fighting at, Canelo Promotions controls 80% of the any of the US proceeds on Saul Alvarez's fights (less cost of the event), and Canelo Prmotions controls the Mexican TV money for Saul Alvarez's fights.

He's not sitting on Floyd money just yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that Alvarez is taking home $15m per fight, on every fight.

Saul Alvarez doesn't need "big numbers" each fight out; take the big events when they come, but by simply keeping on a three-fight schedule, he's taking home $30m per year, at least.

Comment

• basically.

3g's team better wake up or someone else will keep getting that money. canelo isnt shook. hes just trying to be a businessman.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
            basically.

3g's team better wake up or someone else will keep getting that money. canelo isnt shook. hes just trying to be a businessman.

in Sep, Canelo will either rematch Chavez or fight Saunders

if Canelo picks up the WBO belt, his offer to Golovkin will drop

I believe that Canelo/GBP are nearly done with Golovkin/K2

3 failed negotiations, with Golovkin refusing to consider a reasonable concession every single time

why would they persist with the notoriously difficult K2/GGG?

they will move on with his career, just like Ward did when the same thing happened to him

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              in Sep, Canelo will either rematch Chavez or fight Saunders

if Canelo picks up the WBO belt, his offer to Golovkin will drop

I believe that Canelo/GBP are nearly done with Golovkin/K2

3 failed negotiations, with Golovkin refusing to consider a reasonable concession every single time

why would they persist with the notoriously difficult K2/GGG?

they will move on with his career, just like Ward did when the same thing happened to him
              i see canelo doing to jr what sergio did. the beating will be so one sided, wouldnt need a rematch.

bjs will only come into play if 3g wont accept.

imho, the only way 3g vs ca, i mean, canelo vs 3g doesnt happen is if they both lose their fights.

gbp will not be begging team 3g to take their money. they will make a similar offer and move on if turned down.

canelo doesnt need 3g. it would be nice for them to finally sort shlt out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                lol, where did you pull that bull**** number from? Mayweather-Pacquiao was the only PPV event to ever be sold for $100, yet you want to sell Alvarez-Golovkin as a $100 fight?

And that's assuming that no one else gets paid a penny
                It's at least a $100 million dollar fight. I'm not talking about the individual price of the fight......idiot.

Smith vs Canelo was a PPV FAILURE by any measure for the current "PPV KING".......

Get off Canelo's nuts and learn how boxing really works....smdh

Comment

It's at least a $100 million dollar fight. I'm not talking about the individual price of the fight......idiot.

Smith vs Canelo was a PPV FAILURE by any measure for the current "PPV KING".......

No it isn't you ******. The network providers and HBO take half the PPV money. It would need to sell over 2 mil PPV to make anything near $100 mil.

Comment

^^^lol, look at this clown.

Alvarez-Smith was a "PPV failure", yet still generated $20m on USPPV, sold over $5m in tickets, and did massive business for Alvarez in Mexico, all figures that Golovkin has never nor likely will ever reach on his own.

The coming Jacobs fight is priced at $55 on PPV; to even get to Alvarez's "failure numbers", Golovkin-Jacobs needs to generate 350k PPV buys.

care to make a bet?

Comment

Working...
                    X