Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Well that suspect chin didn't help Mora.

It didn't help Quillan

...and it won't help GGG.
    Mora can't punch.

Comment

I'm guessing hanging out with Virgil Hunter is paying off for Jacobs since he's starting to talk out of his ass.
      "The work they have done [to build up Golovkin] has been excellent. They have placed him against opponents who were in the final part of their careers, they were not genuine middleweights - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-fe....JVz8SM75.dpuf
      Wade - Career MW/SMW, 26 years old.
      Lemieux - Career MW, 27 years old.
      Monroe - Career MW, 29 years old.
      Murray - Career MW/SMW, 32 years old.
      Rubio - Career MW, 34 years old.
      Geale - Career MW, 33 years old.
      Stevens - Career MW/SMW, 28 years old.
      Macklin - Career MW, 31 years old.

Let's hope he learned something else from Virgil besides how to lie through his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        he chalenged chavez jr & froch at 168, he tried
        idk why his fight with chavez failed, froch prefer to stay retire and boasting "im too big and too strong for golovkin"
        rest champs are.....people will call them bum anyway if golovkin beat them
        ward was struggling with legal battle and then offered golovkin once he made deal with lemieux so stfu about that
        1st- No one mentioned Ward, but you did.. interesting.
        2nd- Chavez...lol...Froch- if he is retired, why challenge? smh.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          2 points, who are you to qualify who a real champion is? Monzon, Hagler. And second, who really thinks Golovkin is at the same level as Mayweather and especially Leonard. He might be (although I doubt it) but we will likely never know even if he goes undefeated (which I again doubt) because there is just a lack of competition to measure himself against.
          2 points
          1. I'm a boxing enthusiast who can certainly QUALIFY who is a REAL champion given empirics.. In other words, history speaks for itself. You're mentioning Monzon and Hagler as examples of fighters that stayed at middleweight...How about the abundance of other fighters who didn't? Again, how about Leonard, Spinks, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hank Armstrong, Roy Jones? Hell, you can even give Amir Khan and Kell Brook credit for jumping UP a weight class and daring to be great....

You're attempting to defend GGG being at MW and being great there... But you're not mentioning the face that 1 & 2 weight classes up, there's an abundance of talent that awaits him. Does he dare to be great? I bet you were in favor of Floyd moving up to fight GGG, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Mora can't punch.
            BINGO. My point exactly.

Comment

Jacobs on the other hand......

Comment

Unlike Jacobs who had been in the ring with Fletcher and Mora. Dammit Golovkin, fight better guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Someone did a thread a couple of weeks ago. Golovkin has only fought like 4 guys who actually started at MW, the rest of his opponents moved up from lower weights. What have any of them done after fighting Golovkin? The ones that had little success like Geale were at the end of their career when they fought Golovkin. There's some truth to what Jacobs is saying.
                  What have Floyd victims done after fighting him? Pacquiao didn't look great vs Vargas. Canelo struggled vs Lara. Guerrero hasn't won a fight vs a credible welterweight since. Neither has Victor Ortiz. Maidana was at the end and retired. Cotto beat an injured Sergio and then lost to Canelo. Floyd fought everyone at the end or with some sort of handicap.

GGG on the other hand is not even comparable. You pull dumb stats out of your a** like whether a guy started at 160 to begin his career. Most guys start young at 154 or even 147. Are you telling me Jermall Charlo, Hurd, Lubin, etc aren't going to be legit middleweights eventually? Charlo's trainer says he already is one today so as usual what you say makes no sense. Murray was a large middleweight. Lemieux is such a large middleweight he's struggling to make the weight. No way Monroe could make 154 healthy. Even Brook's coach has said he doesn't make 147 and that he loses speed and power making that weight. Dominic Wade was an undefeated mandatory at what weight? Oh yeah middleweight. He was enough of a middleweight to beat enough other middleweights to earn a mandatory shot at a middleweight title...

GGG signed to fight Dmitry Pirog for low money after he KO'd Jacobs. Is that a real middleweight? Now he's fighting Danny. He tried to fight Quillin for years but Quillin spilled the beans on twitter about how he ducked that fight unless he got a crazy Floyd payday for fighting the "most dangerous" guy. GGG signed to fight Chavez Jr. back during Jr's prime, or as close to it as possible anyway. He called out Sergio and KO'd the guy who dropped Sergio multiple times in Argentina. Etc.

You haters will say anything man. If people want to say there is no pound-for-pound competition at middleweight, and GGG has never beaten an A+ fighter, that's fine, although you should apply the same standards to Wilder and all the black fighters who aren't even trying to face those guys. At least GGG has been chasing the best guys available. But anyway, if people want to say that, it's fine, but ever since the Brook fight, one fight that only happened because a large middleweight, now at 168, Eubank Jr. ducked GGG, there's been this dumba** argument going around that GGG doesn't even fight real middleweights at all. The ****? That has to be a dumber argument than any argument made during the May-Pac saga. GGG is outweighed by 10 pounds at the 30 day weights AGAIN vs Jacobs just like every time. He is outweighed by almost everyone he fights on fight night, including Brook I think lol. So you guys are just ridiculous.

And again where was the outrage when Floyd fought a lightweight Robert Guerrero who actually started at like 126? And I don't mean he started there but moved up gradually over the years like Pacquiao. I mean he started there and then he blew up as fast as he could to get the Floyd payday. But where was the criticism? What about retiring to duck the best guys and probably cycle PEDs, then coming back vs Marquez pulling him up in weight, then even missing the weight himself? GGG has never put his opponent in the position of him weighing in at 163 and them having to fight a much bigger guy. Floyd has done that but you guys were silent. Come on man come on now...
                  Last edited by Boxing Logic; 02-21-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Haters will hate.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      geegg fans need to stop bringing up stevens an lemiux as if those were top quality wins. they are not bums and are just decent wins.. but if the shoe were on the other foot and Jacobs fans tried to use those wins to justify how great he was you all would laugh them to scorn
                      THIS!!!!!!

It isn't that they are cabdrivers, but neither guy is all that.
                      Journeymen or Contender is as high as you can give them
                      and elite is not even in the picture.

Yet, they are among the best names on the resume.

That is a problem.

Yes, Lil g probably KOs Jacobs...but if the exact opposite happened, I would not be shocked at all. And, if I had more confidence in Danny's chin I'd pick him outright to win.

Still might.

Comment

Working...
                      X