No announcement yet.

High volume output only way to beat GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High volume output only way to beat GGG

Defensive fighters with low volume like mayweather or lara don't have the style to beat ggg. You need someone with extremely high volume but at the same time the person needs to have olympic amateur pedigree to match his iq along with an iron chin. This is why brook did okay in some rounds because of the high volume. The problem is that you can do this for a couple rounds but to do this for 12 rounds is very difficult because ggg starts to land and the opponent becomes fatigued. Someone who pot shots and throws 2-3 shots per round will have zero chance to beat ggg. Fighting against the ropes or on the back foot is a complete waste of time. You need to stay in the pocket have a very high ring iq along with an iron chin to be able to take his shots because you will get hit. Some people say ggg won't risk his chin. This is not true because GGG will walk through fire to land his shots if need be. Look at the ouma fight. GGG is too accurate with his shots as well so having an iron chin is a must. A real life rocky balboa would be someone who would stand a chance. However, such a fighter dosen't exist at the moment.
    Last edited by satiev1; 02-20-2017, 02:49 AM.

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Defensive fighters with low volume like mayweather or lara don't have the style to beat ggg. You need someone with extremely high volume but at the same time the person needs to have olympic amateur pedigree to match his iq along with an iron chin. This is why brook did okay in some rounds because of the high volume. The problem is that you can do this for a couple rounds but to do this for 12 rounds is very difficult because ggg starts to land and the opponent becomes fatigued. Someone who pot shots and throws 2-3 shots per round will have zero chance to beat ggg. Fighting against the ropes or on the back foot is a complete waste of time. You need to stay in the pocket have a very high ring iq along with an iron chin to be able to take his shots because you will get hit. Some people say ggg won't risk his chin. This is not true because GGG will walk through fire to land his shots if need be. Look at the ouma fight. GGG is too accurate with his shots as well so having an iron chin is a must. A real life rocky balboa would be someone who would stand a chance. However, such a fighter dosen't exist at the moment.
    Maybe GGG should be in the next Creed movie, GGG kills Adonis and Rocky but Rambo returns to avenge their deaths.

Comment

typical fighter like canelo has chance too, as long they can stand on the ground when get hit by GGG, counter puncher who has power to back off golovkin
      and obv ward, slippery and powerful enough to hold him tight for 12 rounds lol

Comment

Although I don't think Eubank Jr has enough pop in his punches to keep Gennady off him, I would like to see the fight. He has a great chin, high output and proven stamina.

Comment

nah just clinch him over and over. slick boxing

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            nah just clinch him over and over. slick boxing
            1. Clinching
            2. Slick boxing

pick one.

Comment

You need the work rate and the durability to take what Golovkin can fire back at you if you are going to try to make it a fire fight.

I can't think of anybody really at 160 that can fit the bill.

I like Jacobs, good pop in both hands, has shown the ability to finish with high volume when he has a guy hurt.

But I don't see him being able to withstand the inevitable when it comes to Golovkin's pressure and power.

Who knows if Canelo ever happens, but I'd pick Golovkin there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Although I don't think Eubank Jr has enough pop in his punches to keep Gennady off him, I would like to see the fight. He has a great chin, high output and proven stamina.
                at lower levels. Step up and you have less opportunity to throw, when you do throw you land less plus you get hit more and harder which means that you throw and land less

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  You need the work rate and the durability to take what Golovkin can fire back at you if you are going to try to make it a fire fight.

I can't think of anybody really at 160 that can fit the bill.

I like Jacobs, good pop in both hands, has shown the ability to finish with high volume when he has a guy hurt.

But I don't see him being able to withstand the inevitable when it comes to Golovkin's pressure and power.

Who knows if Canelo ever happens, but I'd pick Golovkin there too.
                  Jermall has some of those qualities. His hand speed to deliver the Williams ko was unreal plus deadly accurate. That shot would have probably floored most LMW and MWs as it was an unseen punch. Golovkin gets hit so he will need to be wary of Jacobs. In the Geale KO Geale landed first bt if that would have been Jacobs landing first I'm not sure Golovkins punch reaches Jacob's chin

Comment

I disagree. A high volume fighter will be ideal for GGG as he loves to trade. The fighter has to have enough power to make him hesitate, movement and a solid chin, and most important, he can't be afraid! Most GGG opponents are defeated mentally before they even step in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X