Collapse
No announcement yet.

High volume output only way to beat GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody who throws in volume will leave himself open, you don't wanna be taking counters from Golovkin, that's big no-no.

I think the best way to beat him is get inside his power, smoother him and work with single shots. Easier said than done of course. It's going to take somebody extremely skilled or naturally way bigger to beat him.

Comment

You have to be a skilled boxer puncher who can punch. Someone like a Canelo or Jemall Charlo who can stand their ground and catch GGG coming in.

Comment

i dont't hink you need to throw a ton of volume, but i do think the fighter who beats golovkin is going to do it by backing him up and hitting him with power, probably via corner or doctor stoppage in between rounds. i;ve seen golovkin literally block punches with his face. he is there to be hit, so hit him.

fast, aggressive fighters who can take his punch and have power of their own will give golovkin problems. he wants to fight boxers, if you ahven't noticed. the guy had 350 amateur fights FFS. he does very, veyr well against guys who try and use the ring. arguably the best in the sport right now at applying measured but consistent and dangerous pressure with the jab.

Comment

Canelo can do it...

Canelo can do it. He is very intelligent in the ring and very disciplined as well. You also need defense to beat GGG. Most of his opponents lack this quality, Canelo has A Level defense right now and can adjust to his opponents. He might make GGG look like the robot he really is.

Comment

Mayweather not being able to beat GGG is more to do with him being a WW than an issue of styles....if there was someone at MW with Floyd's skill set and physical attributes they would be heavily favoured to beat Golovkin.

Comment

I want somebody to go to the body HARD when facing him! body punching seems to be a lost art in boxing! considering the fact that hardly any middle-weights accept Golovkin are devastating head hunters...

If I was a middle-weight, and facing Golovkin i would not even bother with head shots! i would just concentrate on body shots! Golovkin is open to body shots, due to his stance and he is not very fast at getting out of range!

After afew rounds of being whacked to the body, his punching technique will start to fail...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                You need the work rate and the durability to take what Golovkin can fire back at you if you are going to try to make it a fire fight.

I can't think of anybody really at 160 that can fit the bill.

I like Jacobs, good pop in both hands, has shown the ability to finish with high volume when he has a guy hurt.

But I don't see him being able to withstand the inevitable when it comes to Golovkin's pressure and power.

Who knows if Canelo ever happens, but I'd pick Golovkin there too.
                True. Nobody at 160 beating Golovkin. They all have a plan until they get cracked and then it's oops, wait a minute.

Comment

I disagree. A counter puncher with good popcorn handle him. Once he has triple G thinking how he is going to get in it will slow him down and be more selective with his punches

Comment

Ward is exactly the kind of fighter GGG will have the most problems with. I just don't see any other style that can consistently win rounds against him given his power, chin, commitment to body work, jab, and ability to cut the ring off.

Comment

Totally disagree, High Volume leaves you open. You have to do a little bit of EVERYTHING vs GGG but I do think INSIDE is where you need to be, if you can get inside like Willie Monroe Jr did and be able to be slippery defensively and most importantly CIRCLE and don't back straight up but also have the timing to counter him then that might be your best chance!

Same with Kassim Ouma, INSIDE is where he had success vs GGG

That is easier said than done though because 80% of boxing seem to Lack or be very reluctant to work inside. Like Broner Saturday, most fighter Hug It Out until the ref come and they don't free their hands and work inside. Jacobs don't have that inside game like that nor does he have the reflexes, I see GGG hurting him, then him trying to run away, trapping himself against the Ropes which he still does, even did it vs Mora a few times and Mora don't even have Power. He does that vs GGG he might get knocked out the ring like B-Hop!

Comment

Working...
                      X