Did floyd really duck more fighters than pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    some people age differently...see photo below

both guys were past prime so the fight doesnt mean too much legacy wise. i still had pac winning anyway with his newer cautious style. landed the much cleaner punches.
    (damn it ! i typed ''who'', it didnt look right so i change it to ''how'', and i dont know why )

i know people age differently. just that people want to make it sound as if may has pure youth on his side. may will make most guys age right before our eyes. and even though jmm put pac to bed, jmm was catching it too.

but again, ''WHO'' are these prime guys may avoided ??!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      (damn it ! i typed ''who'', it didnt look right so i change it to ''how'', and i dont know why )

i know people age differently. just that people want to make it sound as if may has pure youth on his side. may will make most guys age right before our eyes. and even though jmm put pac to bed, jmm was catching it too.

but again, ''WHO'' are these prime guys may avoided ??!?!?
      no floyd was definitely not that great when he fought pac. i had pac winning as i said but i dont see it as some great victory since floyd was so faded.

main prime guys he didnt want to fight were pac, cotto, and marg. those fights were all there and he prevented them all from happening. marg career high paydays were turned down to face mitchell and judah. cotto lived too far away and floyd retired when that was the biggest fight in boxing. pac 40 million flat fee once pac agreed to testing.

obv there are other guys that he could have fought like stevie johnston who he didnt want to fight, winky who he agreed to fight then changed his mind, or just guys like casamyor who he never tried to fight. maybe thats not a duck but a lack of wanting to prove himself for sure.

and yes you could do this type of thing to almost every fighter but the thing is floyd fans wont admit it and pretend he didnt avoid certain fights. i dont know why. even leonard put off fights a bit. he could have fought hearns a little sooner. could have fought hagler a couple years sooner but he still fought them when they were damn good. not after they had been ko'd or not at all.
      Last edited by daggum; 02-20-2017, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
        who cares, he still whooped pac-roids ass after all you pac-tards said may was ducking for 6 years ROFL.
        Whopped his ass so bad, Manny didn't have a single scratch or mark on him afterwards.

Funny how Floyd used to joke after a lot of his victories about how he "barely even feels like he's been in a fight" because I wonder how many of his opponents must have been thinking the same thing lol. Floyd never does any real damage to anyone with those pitty-pot shots that he calls punches lol.
        Last edited by LockardTheGOAT; 02-20-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Floyd used to say some damning sht.

"We not fighting to prove who the best is"

Comment

no floyd was definitely not that great when he fought pac. i had pac winning as i said but i dont see it as some great victory since floyd was so faded.

main prime guys he didnt want to fight were pac, cotto, and marg. those fights were all there and he prevented them all from happening. marg career high paydays were turned down to face mitchell and judah. cotto lived too far away and floyd retired when that was the biggest fight in boxing. pac 40 million flat fee once pac agreed to testing.

obv there are other guys that he could have fought like stevie johnston who he didnt want to fight, winky who he agreed to fight then changed his mind, or just guys like casamyor who he never tried to fight. maybe thats not a duck but a lack of wanting to prove himself for sure.
            if youre referring to the may pac drama sessions....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-pacquiao-saga

''December 2009: Pacquiao Strikes Out on Drug Testing''

as for margie, and i mention this all the time, he should have had ww locked up. how many champs were there when he was fighting ?!?!?! it pisses me off to no end when a guy uses ''everyone ducked him.''

i understand he has fans. all fighters have fans. but damn, even the most ravenous fan has to allow some reality to get in !!!!

cotto.....may has him by 3 yrs. dunno if the outcome would have been any different at jrww.

casamayor is a solid guy but certainly no world beater. a lesser version of jmm ?!?!?

just because A doesnt figth B doesnt AUTOMATICALLY mean....
            1) A is shook
            2) B would have won

tyson never fought ruiz
            tyson kills him or was shook ?!?!?

shlt happens.

Comment

if youre referring to the may pac drama sessions....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-pacquiao-saga

''December 2009: Pacquiao Strikes Out on Drug Testing''

as for margie, and i mention this all the time, he should have had ww locked up. how many champs were there when he was fighting ?!?!?! it pisses me off to no end when a guy uses ''everyone ducked him.''

i understand he has fans. all fighters have fans. but damn, even the most ravenous fan has to allow some reality to get in !!!!

cotto.....may has him by 3 yrs. dunno if the outcome would have been any different at jrww.

casamayor is a solid guy but certainly no world beater. a lesser version of jmm ?!?!?

just because A doesnt figth B doesnt AUTOMATICALLY mean....
              1) A is shook
              2) B would have won

tyson never fought ruiz
              tyson kills him or was shook ?!?!?

shlt happens.
              yes i understand the whole drug testing argument but it was a bluff. we know it was a bluff because when pac agreed he wouldnt fight him so im just using what actually happened to reach my conclusion. you dont scream take the test take the test take the test over and over and when your oppoent agrees say oh sh-it now you only get a 40 million flat offer. no reason to think floyd suddenly changes his actions based on hypotheticals. lets base our conclusions on what did happen and he ran scared. he got caught bluffing. at the worst this fight should have happened in 2012 but floyd delayed it another 4 years.

marg was #1 for 3 years. would have made floyd more money than mitchell or judah. brought a mexican fanbase. thats not good enough? he has to have all the belts for floyd to fight him? what kind of standards are these? did mitchell have all the belts? no. judah coming off a loss? no. why make up these crazy standards that don't apply to anyone else?

im not talking 140 cotto. im talking 147 cotto that forced floyd into retirement. huge fight. retirement and a long list of excuses. also why are you bringing up age again? cotto had 2 brutal beatdowns and a bunch of tough fights between when they should have fought. this was floyds leonard-hearns moment and he ran scared. instead the fight prob had less meaning than leoanrd-hearns 2.

do you think any fighter ducks? i cant find any legit reason why these fights didn't happen. the winky fight i can understand since winky is so much bigger and floyd was just bluffing by calling him out. that doesnt even matter to me but when you avoid the best in your division that just sucks.

Comment

yes i understand the whole drug testing argument but it was a bluff. we know it was a bluff because when pac agreed he wouldnt fight him so im just using what actually happened to reach my conclusion. you dont scream take the test take the test take the test over and over and when your oppoent agrees say oh sh-it now you only get a 40 million flat offer. no reason to think floyd suddenly changes his actions based on hypotheticals. lets base our conclusions on what did happen and he ran scared. he got caught bluffing. at the worst this fight should have happened in 2012 but floyd delayed it another 4 years.

marg was #1 for 3 years. would have made floyd more money than mitchell or judah. brought a mexican fanbase. thats not good enough? he has to have all the belts for floyd to fight him? what kind of standards are these? did mitchell have all the belts? no. judah coming off a loss? no. why make up these crazy standards that don't apply to anyone else?

im not talking 140 cotto. im talking 147 cotto that forced floyd into retirement. huge fight. retirement and a long list of excuses. also why are you bringing up age again? cotto had 2 brutal beatdowns and a bunch of tough fights between when they should have fought. this was floyds leonard-hearns moment and he ran scared. instead the fight prob had less meaning than leoanrd-hearns 2.

do you think any fighter ducks? i cant find any legit reason why these fights didn't happen. the winky fight i can understand since winky is so much bigger and floyd was just bluffing by calling him out. that doesnt even matter to me but when you avoid the best in your division that just sucks.
                let me take a wild guess.......not a may fan ?

BUT....

a margie fan ?!?!?
                and not a pac hater ?!?!?!?

Comment

let me take a wild guess.......not a may fan ?

BUT....

a margie fan ?!?!?
                  and not a pac hater ?!?!?!?
                  floyd also ducked eric crumble. little known fact

Comment

floyd also ducked eric crumble. little known fact
                    didnt everyone

Comment

Pacquiao? He turned down a 50/50 purse split because of drug testing. The same drug testing he would later insist on himself (after Marquez pacquiao'd him.)

Margarito? Arum offered Floyd $8 million to face him, instead Floyd left Top Rank and fought Baldomir for $8 million plus $1.

Cotto? Arum is on record saying that he kept Miguel away from Floyd when they were both at Top Rank, since he felt the Puerto Rican wasn't ready yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X