Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Promoter Fires Back at DeGuardia Over Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    He's the WBC/lineal heavyweight champion.

Who is Joe Smith Jr to dictate terms to anyone?
    The guy filling the arena.

Hop off the Haitian pimp's dick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      Adonis Stevenson has no fanbase at all... Even here in Montreal, people don't like him. He'll never be at the level of Pascal or even Bute in terms of popularity despite arguably being more successful than them.

So Michel acting like his guy is this superstar is also a little bit deluded. He's turning 40 this year, hasn't faced a relevant opponent in years, can't even sell out the Bell Centre and really can't escape his criminal past which is often cited. He'll hold onto that WBC belt until he gets exposed, which could happen soon.
      Even if everything you said is true, Stevenson is still A side to Smith. Don't worry, Smith will fight a scrub and get stopped soon.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
        Even if everything you said is true, Stevenson is still A side to Smith. Don't worry, Smith will fight a scrub and get stopped soon.
        The only thing keeping Stevenson relevant is that belt... once he loses that he's finished.

Pascal and Bute are more popular and they haven't been champion in over 4 years.

Stevenson and his promoter know this. Especially at his age, he loses that belt and no one's going to watch him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Smith may not be the A side, but he's got a lot more pull now from the Hopkins win, and the fact that he's an average Joe (pun intended) that the working man can relate to, people would pay to see that because they would love to see a guy like smith knock out someone with stevenson's reputation.
          doesnt mean that u should sit up here and support him asking to be the A side to the lineal champion...adonis headlines cards without bhop letting him do it ya know..

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Adonis has a proven track record of being difficult to being in competitive fights, I actually think he'd stop Smith but still a fight a wanna see.
            no it's a track record of guys disrespecting lineage! it's a track record of fans being trendy like Michel said...if u went and fact check all o his so called ducks u'd see that it's very possibly and highly likely that HE AINT DUCKED NOBODY!

pascal has the best claim of being ducked...but then again he has his faults in the matter as well

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Who is Adonis Stevenson to dictate terms to anyone?
              the lineal champion..the guy who could sit on the title and tell ppl look mf i got wat u want! it's about legacy bru...joe should have took this shot..now i want to see him ko'd...

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                Nice to get another side of the story.

Say what you want about Adonis but the thought that he would duck a Joe Smith is borderline blasphemous!!!

And I am a fan of Joe Smith for no other reason than his cinderella story.

Lets not get carried away please.
                i think it's too late...when stevenson is the case i believe mfs got carried away a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post
                  Adonis Stevenson is the WBC champion which qualifies him to dictate terms. Joe Smith is ranked third in the division. Is that simple enough for you?
                  na it's not simple enough for this clown...give him a smack in the mouth to go along with it...joe could be order at purse bid makin 25% and this clown mf talkin about terms that joe should be demanding lol

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    So basically 'Joe Smith is not that good so of course we want to fight him"
                    salido isnt that good...but it's not about how good they are..it's about what they have put themselves in place to do..and a lot of time it's about how macho they elect to be..

Comment

Originally posted by K.O. Johnson View Post
                      I don't believe Stevenson's promoter
                      same guy told his fighter pascal that bhop beat him...after everyone thought bhop won the decision...

he's the one who exposed email that hbo were lying about as well..he normally hits us with the truth..

joe smith lose this figth and has to go away..no more paydays..it sound about right..get paid well to take a beating or go else where for an easier win

Comment

Working...
                      X