Who the fcuk is Gerald Washington?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's coming off an injury and a layoff.

Comment

Gerald Washington isn't a bad opponent, given the circumstances. The thing that I find stupid is how his ranking on Boxrec and with the governing body's suddenly rockets once the fight was announced. Bumping him up the rankings does nothing to further justify the fight, just makes it hard to take any of the ranking body's seriously.

Deontay Wilder has been fighting a decent level of challenger by todays standards. Outside of the top four or five in the division the competition is pretty weak. The only criticism I have is the blatant rejection of giving Luis Ortiz a shot, even after he's been proven clean and is willing to take any form of testing. Wilder-Ortiz would be an intriguing spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        You tell me I don't know what talent is but then you list height as a talent?
        Talent is a trait and skill you are usually born with or can excell in and do .

Reach ,height ,weight ,etc are only physical attributes

Skill level is limited and grouped by what each can do

A more skilled person is one who has overall better skills

In this fight its actually not the big mismatch everyone is making it comparing both . What actually seperates them most is Wilders experience bc they have similar attributes . Wilder has more power ,ring IQ and hand speed . His main Skill is his footwork and hand speed . Washingtons main skills are his footwork and straight right hand ,which could find its mark if Wilder gets careless .

Really Wilder has struggled against less dangers ,i dont see where this is completely mismatch here since its the first type of opponent Wilder is facing ,i guess we'll see !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-18-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          stirverne....lol who is he? a guy who beat chris arreola twice and he's a top guy? i dont thinkkkkkkkkkk so
          SADLY at this current state of HWs hes a top name, hard but fair sad but true

Comment

'height is a skill '

Juggernaut keeps on exceeding himself with his levels of stupidity

Comment

Well, he was going to fight this more well known guy by the name of Povetkin....

Comment

He's Alexander Povetkin without the roids.

Comment

I don't mind the Washington fight given the circumstances (Wilder coming off surgery and previous opponent testing positive). But this guy needs to step it up big time after this fight. While I do think the opponents he has fought since being champ haven't been that good, it's funny to me that no other champions really mention Wilder's name when it comes to fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    He's Alexander Povetkin without the roids.
                    Yeah, the only small difference here being One is a gold medalist, former title holder who can actually box.

And the other is a big stiff who is terrified to throw any punches, and lack's any kind of skillset whatsoever.

good comparison though!

Comment

Working...
                    X