Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ali's style much more superior than mayweather's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd blends natural talent with old and new school techniques.
    Ali was sheer God given natural talent and will to win with an iron jaw.
    Floyd is a better all round technician but if I was to choose out of a fight between them if they were the same size I'd pick Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZelepuss View Post
      Why isn't there anyone using the fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee Ali styles these days?
      You can't successfully teach that style to just anyone, you've got to have some freakish athleticism to pull that **** off.

Comment

mayweather's style had less flaws. ali made a lot of mistakes. floyd made you make mistakes.

ali had more talent, a great chin, and fought and beat much, much better fighters.

i think mayweather's got the style that kids should look to emulate in the gym. in tim they can roll their shouders, but early on obviously you teach them to keep their hands up. ali relied on reflexes and speed to make things happen. when those things went he was a heck of a lot easier to hit and keep in the fight. ali was in brutal, brutal fights in the 1970's. some fo the most bruytal fights you will ever seee,.

floyd had great reflexes and speed, but he relied on timing, fundamentals, and defense to make thing happen. that's what you want to aim to do.

that said, if they were the same size i don't think floyd would even fight ali. ali was not a businessman. he was the most confident man on the planet and he'd fight anybody. floyd and haymon wouldn't take that kind of risk in his prime.

Comment

It's not that is superior but it is more impressive because he was a HW!

Comment

What da hell you smoking juggerNutz???!!! Prime Ali was AMAZING...FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BEE, THAT'S WHY THEY CALL HIM MUHAMMAD ALI...
            Hush your mouth & show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              Ali got dropped and lost to Frazier while they were Both in their prime .
              Hahaha, Ali's prime was before his forced layoff. He didn't move the same when he came back, and he weighed much more.

Comment

Nope, no one has ever been as professional in boxing as Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZelepuss View Post
                  Why isn't there anyone using the fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee Ali styles these days?

of course not.

Mayweather was never dropped and on queer street by a C level opponent in his prime.

Probably helps keeping his hands up and chin tucked.

Comment

Working...
                  X