Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence's chin and recovery time is questionable at worst. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Lol its not...

It's like being accused of larcent at age 22, when all the state has is a video of you stealing skittles at age 10.
    It's more like your legions of fans think you're indestructible as you've looked in your two most recent fights and then we see that you weren't a few years ago. I mean, I like Spence, but Bundu and Algieri were never going to test his chin. And the guy in the video can't punch either. Brook can. So this does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      It's more like your legions of fans think you're indestructible as you've looked in your two most recent fights and then we see that you weren't a few years ago. I mean, I like Spence, but Bundu and Algieri were never going to test his chin. And the guy in the video can't punch either. Brook can. So this does matter.
      That's kinda the point tho.

If his chin was suspect, we would've found out by now...

The guy in the video "can't punch," so Spence's chin should've been open season for anybody right, including bundu and algieri.

Like i said, it's a great punch, he wasn't expecting, that caught him just right.

But it's 1 punch, 1 round, out of 21 fights. It's not an indictment, is all I'm saying...especially when almost EVERYBODY has gotten caught in their careers at some point.

Comment

His 9th fight. And he dealt with it very well.

If Brooks fans are hanging their hats on this, that's pretty slim.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          That's kinda the point tho.

If his chin was suspect, we would've found out by now...

The guy in the video "can't punch," so Spence's chin should've been open season for anybody right, including bundu and algieri.

Like i said, it's a great punch, he wasn't expecting, that caught him just right.

But it's 1 punch, 1 round, out of 21 fights. It's not an indictment, is all I'm saying...especially when almost EVERYBODY has gotten caught in their careers at some point.
          Oh I get what you're saying, man. The point of interest is the recovery point though. I mean, he was still wobbly after a minute to recover. He came on and did what he had to do of course, but it is an interesting point that he didn't recover like a lot of fighters do. We'll see though. I like him and I'm rooting for him to win. Hopefully he doesn't get caught with anything ferocious. Maybe it was a one-time thing that won't happen again. I remember Canelo hurt against Jose Miguel Cotto, but he really hasn't been since. So that could be the case. Good discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            I agree it was a hell of a catch. I haven't watch much of his fights, but Thraxox took it to another level. I commend him actually. No one has brought this up yet. It's almost like a lawyer finding a new piece of evidence in a big case.
            yeah, this is amazing. I could give nothing but props...

Comment

It was new territory for Spence nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Every Spence-Brook thread from now until May will start with me checking to see if OP is from the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Another nice post, I like Paulie and when I saw that video yesterday I thought hmm, even listening to Andrade on that radio show picking Brook when pushed made you think. That is the intriguing thing about boxing... one of them might even go in there and blast each other out (Jacobs v quillin)?
                  this is a very interesting fight. both can box and punch and you dont know who will take which role. maybe they will both be boxer punchers all night.

how will spence take brooks right hand?
                  how will brook respond to spence's body attack?
                  who will take whos power better in general?
                  if someone gets hurt how will they respond? boxing? fighting?
                  will brooks seemingly superior jab and footwork dictate the fight?
                  will it be neutralized by spence's southpaw stance?
                  will brooks experience override spence's bodyshots down the stretch?
                  will it go down the stretch? like you said either one might get clipped early..

very, very fascinating matchup. so many questionmarks and variables. could go in any direction and be virtually any kind of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    this is a very interesting fight. both can box and punch and you dont know who will take which role. maybe they will both be boxer punchers all night.

how will spence take brooks right hand?
                    how will brook respond to spence's body attack?
                    who will take whos power better in general?
                    if someone gets hurt how will they respond? boxing? fighting?
                    will brooks seemingly superior jab and footwork dictate the fight?
                    will it be neutralized by spence's southpaw stance?
                    will brooks experience override spence's bodyshots down the stretch?
                    will it go down the stretch? like you said either one might get clipped early..

very, very fascinating matchup. so many questionmarks and variables. could go in any direction and be virtually any kind of fight.
                    I truly think Brook has a hard body, and instead has a more vulnerable head. GGG hit him with a lot of body punches, but instead of punches to the body slowing him down it was because of his broken eye socket.

And spence has a tendency to leave himself open too long when he opens up for a body attack or just attacks in general.

Comment

I don't think chin and recovery time are genetic. You can get harden. Margarito's chin and recovery time was not the same early in his career, he became that way by fighting tough opponents at an early age.

Comment

Working...
                      X