Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence's chin and recovery time is questionable at worst. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
    It's boxing anyone can get hurt, I thought Spence took a great shot and seemed like he recovered fairly quick.

If anything I take away from that clip of yours which I already knew in the first place is that, Spence can be hit his style makes him open to it and a good fighter like Brook should be able to find the target whether he can hurt him or not we shall see.
    Brook gets hit way more than Spence.

Spence's defense > Brook's Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Brook gets hit way more than Spence.

Spence's defense > Brook's Defense.
      Probably, I doubt he fights balls to the walls like he tried with GGG, he will adopt the same fight plan he did with Porter and try to make Spence look ineffective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        You gotta good point, I've always favored Brook in this fight but I'm less confident after Golovkin basically broke his face
        The only way that will hinder him is if it breaks again I suppose. The leg stab he got which was pretty nasty never seemed to bother him.

Comment

• Well, I don't think Brook is going to surprise Spence with any right hooks thrown from a southpaw stance.

And, I am one who sees the vid in the OP as proof Spence can get hit solidly with a punch he never saw coming and stay on his feet.

Bringing this up isn't some sort of explanation for why Brook is going to win.

It is actually pretty bad news for Kell if you think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
            Probably, I doubt he fights balls to the walls like he tried with GGG, he will adopt the same fight plan he did with Porter and try to make Spence look ineffective.
            That means Brook will have to get close...Spence's body attack will be all over that.

The offset in quality between Porter and Spence is too great for Brook to overcome.

Unlike Porter....

Spence is always on balance and set to deliver KO's from both sides.

He's always set to punch and never falling into clinches like Porter.

Porter smothers his attack by being too close...Spence doesn't have those issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              Well, I don't think Brook is going to surprise Spence with any right hooks thrown from a southpaw stance.

And, I am one who sees the vid in the OP as proof Spence can get hit solidly with a punch he never saw coming and stay on his feet.

Bringing this up isn't some sort of explanation for why Brook is going to win.

It is actually pretty bad news for Kell if you think about it.
              Brook might have to employ his patented crotch-grab....the one that got him stabbed in that guy's apartment.

I don't think Spence is ready for that.

Comment

• Brook is gonna KO him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Brook might have to employ his patented crotch-grab....the one that got him stabbed in that guy's apartment.

I don't think Spence is ready for that.
                  I'm sure Spence's cornermen and trainer have already been briefed to watch for that...

And, I am certain the ref will let each fighter know who is wearing the pants.

Comment

• Breaking news anybody can get stunned, even by a so-called "light hitting opponent". Hurting someone has more to do with the placement of the punch and catching someone off guard than brute strength. Even Maliganggi had his last opponent in trouble from a punch he didn't see.

I'll say his chin is questionable because it's unproven/ virtually untested. If this is proof that his chin is suspect it's a reach.

Comment

• I'm a little sick of the Spence hype but you're truly desperate if you're hanging any kind of criticism on that shot. It was a punch he didn't see, but it didn't put him down or expose anything.

I know it's cute to find little things like this and blow them out of proportion but you clowns that do this are the first ones to act sensitive and shocked when people on the board don't take you seriously or show you respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X