Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was a great performance from Terence Crawford...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa/Crawford and Pacquiao/Cotto are two of my favorite fights of this era

I want to see TC fighting bigger guys though

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Why don't the American fanbase get behind Crawford? I genuinely don't get this. The same guys who couldn't get enough of Broner are, at best, lukewarm about him. It's crazy to me. The so called 'YouTube Boxing Community' barely give a shit about him. Is it because he's with Top Rank?
    That's because Floyd was behind all that Broner's hypetrain that got derailed fast, TC was never promoted on that level but he's not a hype, he's a special talent and elite
    Last edited by g27region; 02-14-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I think that was Gamboa's best performance. He was too small. A good big man will always beat a good little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Why don't the American fanbase get behind Crawford? I genuinely don't get this. The same guys who couldn't get enough of Broner are, at best, lukewarm about him. It's crazy to me. The so called 'YouTube Boxing Community' barely give a shit about him. Is it because he's with Top Rank?
        What are you talking about? Crawford is one of the best selling fighters in boxing. He consistently sells out his hometown. He's sold out the small room in NYC. He did 7000 at MGM in Vegas at a higher price point than any of his other fights. He does good ratings on HBO. Your question should be why isn't Top Rank getting behind him like they're getting behind Lomachenko who doesn't do half the numbers Crawford does. Top Rank won't even give him the Pacquiao fight. They didn't even get him the Indongo fight which would've given him 3 belts. That dude comes cheap. Probably won't get the Burns fight either.

Comment

Thats what 4 inch height, 5 inch reach and 15lb weight advantage do to your opponent. If they were the same size, Gamboa would have knocked out Crawford that night, he just doesnt have enough pop to hurt guys at 140, specially huge weight bullies like Terence.

Comment

Crawford was tested in that fight and he grew as a result of it.

Then he went on and pitched a complete shutout of Postol.

He really is one of the very best fighters in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
              Nah. Gambia had him out on his feet and had he been a little bit bigger he would've ko'd the overrated ghetto trash hypejob from omaha.
              This, right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                What are you talking about? Crawford is one of the best selling fighters in boxing. He consistently sells out his hometown. He's sold out the small room in NYC. He did 7000 at MGM in Vegas at a higher price point than any of his other fights. He does good ratings on HBO. Your question should be why isn't Top Rank getting behind him like they're getting behind Lomachenko who doesn't do half the numbers Crawford does. Top Rank won't even give him the Pacquiao fight. They didn't even get him the Indongo fight which would've given him 3 belts. That dude comes cheap. Probably won't get the Burns fight either.

Give me a break. Go onto any website and you can see the enormous difference in the hype for Crawford vs. a significantly inferior fighter in Broner 4 years ago.

And he reason Crawford is selling out arenas is because Top Rank built him properly, starting with his home fanbase. He hasn't wiped his ass with money yet but maybe that's next on their list. Obviously that's what appeals to people.

Comment

Crawford is the real deal. The way he dismantled Postol sold him to me.

Comment

Was a good entertaining fight I was just gonna come back and post here that "I hate highlights like these cause they only show one fighters highlights" cause I didnt see gamboa hurt crawford yet and was already 4 minutes in, I remembered it that gamboa hurt crawford in the fifth but apparently my memory betrayed me and it was the 9th. Great fight was two skilled fighters going at it, I cant help but think if gamboa was the same size that he couldnt beat crawford imo.

Comment

Not for me.

Gamboa was 2 divisions too small and Crawford was enormous at 135, the size difference was ridiculous. Gamboa was also coming off a very long layoff and had no trainer.

Despite all of that, Gamboa was outboxing him with ease through 4 rounds. He slowed down a little, decided to go to war instead of box (which is a reoccurring mistake) and the difference in size won the day. Gamboa, while hurt and tired, still managed to rock him badly as well. The better fighter was just way too small.

Comment

Working...
                      X