Which heavyweight had the most power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Not even close.

There are quite a few HWs who had a bigger punch. Foreman, Lewis, Rudduck, Tua immediately come to mind...
    I thought he just meant active fighters. I still think Wlad deserves an honourable mention when talking all-time though

Comment

This guy right here. One punch man - Saitama.

Comment

The are some obvious choices but Tommy Morrison had a scary fckin left hook. He would be up there but Id say Foreman for one shot if he could just turn it loose.

Comment

Foreman had scary power and I feel like he ruined Ali, it's between him and Tyson.

Comment

I voted for Wlad since you said KOing someone with one punch. I think his straight right is the hardest punch I have seen. All of the boxers on the list are great punchers. The new power punchers hit extremely hard, especially AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              Not even close.

There are quite a few HWs who had a bigger punch. Foreman, Lewis, Rudduck, Tua immediately come to mind...
              Your entitled to your opinion but most fans including myself disagree. Only Tyson beats him in today's poll. The reason is his arrow straight, very fast right hand with so much of his 245 rock hard pounds behind it. When he lands that punch flush big tough guys go to sleep.

Comment

Mike Tyson. No question in my mind. If I had to hand out a second place trophy, it'd probably go to Foreman. But Tyson wasn't only strong, but in his prime he had that absolutely beautiful snapping motion with his arm. It was like he wasn't content to out power his opponent, he had to jolt them to sleep by whipping his arms. I mean the guy was KOing people in under 10 seconds in the amateurs. In his prime, I don't think there is a man in history who could take one freebie shot and not go down. He was just that kind of once in a lifetime hitter.

Comment

Big George! Big George destroyed fellow HALL OF FAMERS like Frazier, Ken Norton not guys who career didn't turn out to be anything

Comment

The right hand that Tyson knocked Francois botha out with is probably the hardest punch I've ever seen. If you can't remember it YouTube it. He was getting beat in that fight too. Scary power.

Comment

It's hard to say. In terms of pure power, Wlad's right hand was technically perfect and extremely powerful.
                      Lewis whilst just a hair short of Wlad's power, proved his power in bigger fights / against better opposition. Most if not all of Wlad's big big fights ended in decisions - Peter, Ibragimov, Haye, Povetkin etc.

In terms of power/opposition combined, you'd have to give the edge to Foreman imo. Whilst technically far inferior to Wlad and Lewis, his cannonball hands left many people damaged.

Comment

Working...
                      X