Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As in anything in life when it comes to negotiations someone is getting the short end of the stick on 99% of the time , the issue here is how much K2 are expecting the fight to make , to me 15M + stardom of beating the Mexican idol is a really big upside , while K2 believe they can make more then 15M they are heavily betting on Canelo giving in and still making the fight with them getting % from PPV , this is a dangerous gamble for GGG team to make....
    I like the 15M + stardom status in Sep 2017 then just giving Canelo an excuse to postpone the fight further and further...... hope K2 knows what their doing , this is the most critical decision in GGG career , money wise and recognition wise.

Comment

Canelo is such a pussay , he says GGG is getting what he desrves as an opponent. Yet Canela doesnt realize that this is no ordinary opponent. This is the boogeyman of the division , the one holding all thr effing belts !
      Really Canela , you and fishnets are making fools of yourselves every time you open your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
        Canelo's last ppv sold 290 k, a fight with ggg will do around a mil, but ggg doesn't deserve a ppv cut? Ggg should just call the bluff, take the flat fee but refuse to do any press, promotion, or any 24/7 for the fight since they don't believe his name adds to the ppv sales.
        I bet you the Chavez Jr. vs. Canelo fight does at LEAST DOUBLE those 290K numbers.

We gonna see here REALLY quick what GGG's worth!

If GGG/Jacobs does REALLY good and close to Canelo/Chavez JR. then he deserves a split BUT if it TANKS or does not even a 1/3 of what Chavez/Canelo does PPV wise he should BEG for that $15,000,000 offer... Even you should agree on that sht???

Comment

Question???

So what if Chavez JR. /Canelo does close a MILLION PPV buys???

and

Jacobs/GGG PPV fight Tanks??? OR numbers aren't even CLOSE???

What then??? Does GGG REALLY even deserve that $15,000,000??? LET the FANS SPEAK!!! I'm buying both fights and HOPE GGG really has as big of a fan pays as his GGGTards think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            I know you dont believe what you're saying
            Ok I'll be fair and wait to see what kind of numbers the Jacobs ppv does.

Comment

In other words, Canelo is not going to fight GGG in 2017.

Comment

Both these dudes are about as easy to dislike as possible, but for distinctly different reasons.

GGG - His team and his fan base.

Canelo - His Cotto-eque diva tendencies. He might even be worse.

Just sign the ****ing contract and fight.

All this lactating is doing the sport no favours.

Comment

$15 million is more than Golovkin deserves, if we're being honest. He's not going to get that amount anywhere else.

Just take the money and beat Canelo. Then you can demand more.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                    As in anything in life when it comes to negotiations someone is getting the short end of the stick on 99% of the time , the issue here is how much K2 are expecting the fight to make , to me 15M + stardom of beating the Mexican idol is a really big upside , while K2 believe they can make more then 15M they are heavily betting on Canelo giving in and still making the fight with them getting % from PPV , this is a dangerous gamble for GGG team to make....
                    I like the 15M + stardom status in Sep 2017 then just giving Canelo an excuse to postpone the fight further and further...... hope K2 knows what their doing , this is the most critical decision in GGG career , money wise and recognition wise.
                    Spoken like someone with common sense! IMO K2 doesn't know what they're doing with GGG's career? I mean he's 35 years old. Been a pro for over 10 YEARS?? His BEST win was against a Welterweight at the FULL 160 MW limit???? AND the counter offer K2 did was they want at LEAST 40%???? LMAO!!!! Asking for 40% is a straight DUCK. If Jacobs/GGG does 40% of PPV buys compared to Chavez/Canelo numbers then I'll rethink it but who are we kidding??? Jacobs/GGG will probably do 25% what they do PPV wise if even that?

"Golovkin's side a flat fee -- at least $15 million -- while Golovkin's side wants to have a stake, as much as 40 percent, in the event."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...o-weekend-bout
                    Last edited by Shadoww702; 02-12-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

PPV buys are dictated buy who the A side has for an opponent. I expect Canelo/ Chavez to do more than GGG/Jacobs but that is only because Of the Chavez name. If GGG was fighting Chavez that would do more buys than Canelo/ Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X