Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Pay-Per-View is Dying; Wilder-Joshua Not a PPV Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPV is certainly dying on SHO.

Comment

Wilder hasn't been built into a big star, that's the truth.

To be a big star you have to have wins over big names. And the fact is that Deontay hasn't done that yet in 37 fights.

Neither has Joshua but at least he's fighting Klitschko next. If he wins then his star is unquestionably on the rise.

So yeah, at this point the fight would fizzle on PPV in the USA. Much better to put it on free tv here.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        All of a sudden Lou DiBella is the Robin Hood of Boxing. Gtfoh everyone knows if DW could draw on PPV he would. Like all boxers would. And promoters.
        Definitely. Bring Back the Heavyweight dynasty at the MGM. something debauchery about Vegas nights and Heavyweights. And American Heavyweight star is needed...

DiBella did say Rigo vs Frampton was a sleeper...could all be true for the sake of ratings and sales, but fans also want to see Rigolution fall.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          All of a sudden Lou DiBella is the Robin Hood of Boxing. Gtfoh everyone knows if DW could draw on PPV he would. Like all boxers would. And promoters.
          DiBella is full of shit. Always has been.

Comment

Well, Dibella is right that a Joshua-wilder fight should be on showtime in US.

But the actual fight should take place in the UK and obviously be ppv there. I don't see what the argument here is, unless they insist on fighting in the US. But dibella isn't even Wilder's promoter. He can be replaced at any time

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

To be a big star you have to have wins over big names. And the fact is that Deontay hasn't done that yet in 37 fights.

Neither has Joshua but at least he's fighting Klitschko next. If he wins then his star is unquestionably on the rise.

So yeah, at this point the fight would fizzle on PPV in the USA. Much better to put it on free tv here.
              Has Wilder done any of the late night talk shows yet? One of the ones presented by someone called Jimmy?

Comment

PPV in UK would be big,In USA flop

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Has Wilder done any of the late night talk shows yet? One of the ones presented by someone called Jimmy?
                  I don't think so.

But I don't watch those shows much to be honest.

Comment

I think the price for PPV in America is too much. In England we usually pay £17 for a show. In america its around $100 i think. If they dropped the price they would obviously get more people supporting it. Not everyone can afgord that kind of money month after month.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Yeah maybe its better that way in the states shoulder....but over here it would do over a million in ppv sells and pack 90,000k into wembley stadium...i really don't think Dibella would want to send deontay wilder to his doom against joshua on Free t.v knowing that will probably be the end of deontay wilders earning potential....to much risk with no coin...Unless showtime are willing to stump up serious money and make the fight in the states i cant see anyway that fight will not take place in the uk..if that stick the fight on at 3 am here and beam it back to america and showtime charge the same price as we do over here ( $22 ) they will still make decent numbers plus the numbers in the uk....theres great earning potential m8 for everybody

Comment

Working...
                      X