No announcement yet.

Stop comparing Ward to Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** you. I'll compare whoever the **** I want to compare. Lol

But seriously, this talk is premature. When your feelings get hurt you become eager and impatient so I understand why so many are upset. But this is professional boxing and this new era of fighters run their career like a business. Ward wants to be treated like a champion, lead negotiations and make more money as the champion than he did as the challenger.

It's common business sense. Why would you take less money, as a champion, against a fighter you just beat? If I had it my way, the fight would be tonight. But I'm not the one taking punches and pissing blood after brutal 12 round professional fights.

Comment

Ward could not empty floyds spit bucket ffs

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

But seriously, this talk is premature. When your feelings get hurt you become eager and impatient so I understand why so many are upset. But this is professional boxing and this new era of fighters run their career like a business. Ward wants to be treated like a champion, lead negotiations and make more money as the champion than he did as the challenger.

It's common business sense. Why would you take less money, as a champion, against a fighter you just beat? If I had it my way, the fight would be tonight. But I'm not the one taking punches and pissing blood after brutal 12 round professional fights.
        Ward already got paid like the A-side in the first fight though. Turning down another $5m - or even somewhat less, like $3m - would be an absolutely ******ed business decision considering the alternative is nothing. In fact, the alternative would be to lose money, since he'd probably be sued for breach of contract. So let's not act like he's being a savvy businessman right now

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Ward vs Kovalev was much more controversial than Mayweather vs Castillo and Floyd was never dropped by Castillo while Ward was clearly dropped for the second time in his career. And it's funny how De La Hoya was only a year older when he fought Floyd than Kovalev was when he fought Ward but we call him passed prime while we call Kovalev prime.

Anything to discredit Floyd, huh?
          its not funny because age has nothing to do with prime. oscar had one win in 3 years(against mayorga) and was barely active. kovalev was king of the division. you think they are at the same level in their careers? hmmm ok.

Comment

its common business sense that when you lose money making a bad investment that you should do the same investment but with even more money a second time?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Ward already got paid like the A-side in the first fight though. Turning down another $5m - or even somewhat less, like $3m - would be an absolutely ******ed business decision considering the alternative is nothing. In fact, the alternative would be to lose money, since he'd probably be sued for breach of contract. So let's not act like he's being a savvy businessman right now
              There's a number out there that he wants. Like he said, he is not fighting again unless everything is right. If they can't get him that number, he will sit out as we've seen he is more than willing to do.

Neither you or I know what that number is. All we know is that he wants control, a certain number and to be treated like the champion. His words, not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                its common business sense that when you lose money making a bad investment that you should do the same investment but with even more money a second time?
                Roc Nation lost money, not Ward. You give a spoiled kid ice cream then cry when he won't eat his broccoli?

Comment

There's a number out there that he wants. Like he said, he is not fighting again unless everything is right. If they can't get him that number, he will sit out as we've seen he is more than willing to do.

Neither you or I know what that number is. All we know is that he wants control, a certain number and to be treated like the champion. His words, not mine.
                  Which, when the money he wants doesn't actually exist, is tantamount to throwing the fight away. We see it all the time in boxing, it's called pricing yourself out and fighters have been using this strategy to avoid fights since forever. Ward has seen the PPV numbers, he knows the deal

Comment

Roc Nation lost money, not Ward. You give a spoiled kid ice cream then cry when he won't eat his broccoli?
                    so you keep spoiling someone forever? don't they have to grow up eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      Which, when the money he wants doesn't actually exist, is tantamount to throwing the fight away. We see it all the time in boxing, it's called pricing yourself out and fighters have been using this strategy to avoid fights since forever. Ward has seen the PPV numbers, he knows the deal
                      Yeah but those are fighters that haven't accomplished a damn thing. Roc Nation probably gave him that guarantee because they believed they could earn a profit and sell the fight. So now you go back to him and say "we suck at our job, although you won the fight and are the unified champion, we need you to take less"?

Ward is talking retirement, wants to get into broadcasting and is getting into managing fighters. He basically has one foot out the door. Like he said, he's not fighting again unless it's worth it to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X