Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Verdejo Did Not Look Very Good, He Will Not Be Rushed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Verdejo Did Not Look Very Good, He Will Not Be Rushed

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has no intention of rushing Puerto Rican lightweight star Felix "El Diamante" Verdejo to a world title fight. Last Friday in San Juan, Verdejo struggled to win a ten round decision over unknown Nicaraguan Oliver Flores. It wasn't the first time where Verdejo looked less than spectacular. Flores was brought in as a safe opponent, because Verdejo was returning for the first time since a bad motorcycle accident last year. Things certainly weren't safe, with Flores having Verdejo in some trouble in the late stages of the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The kid is a KO in the making

Comment

Probably a wise move, it depends on Verdejo though. Slow rolling prospects is a viable route only if the guy focuses on their craft and works hard all the time.

For a guy that got in a motorcycle accident, I question their dedication because any athlete riding a motorcycle is not too concerned about their career.

Comment

Will he forfeit his mandatory status, then?

I notice that Craig Evans has somehow appeared in the WBO rankings. I'm sure Frank would love to give him a crack at the title in Cardiff, where Flanagan has appeared a couple times already

Comment

I know Arum had high hopes this guy would be the next big PR star but it doesn't appear that he is ready for that yet. No sense in rushing him into a title fight on PR day weekend if its more than he can handle right now..

We just saw the bad hings that can happen with Sammy Vasquez.

Comment

hype job of the decade goes to..

Comment

He needs a non-Puerto Rican trainer.

Boxing on the island is not at world class levels at the moment.

Comment

Arum needs to get this kid deported to cali lol

Comment

Comment

Awh dammit how come I never seem to know when he's fighting

But if Arum is saying that it can't bode well for how he's developing

Comment

Working...
                    X