Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Only McGregor Can Get Me Back, Nobody Else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Only McGregor Can Get Me Back, Nobody Else

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs) is promising to return to the ring - but only if a deal is finalized with UFC superstar Conor McGregor. The two celeb-athletes have been talking up the possibility of fighting each other in countless interviews conducted in the last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a stupid fight look at McGregor fight he has hands down Chin pointed up in the air how fast do you think a fast laser right hand from Floyd hits McGregor in the chin and puts him out ? Floyd does have power but he doesn't like to mix it up so his KO percentage dropped at Welter weight but I'm sure he stops McGregor with in 3 rounds

Comment

Don't buy it!

Comment

This will be victor ortiz all over again. Hands down, chin up. He relies on counters.... how the FOOOOK does he think he can counter the best counter puncher possibly in existence??? Lol im a pacquiao fan and even i can respect floyds ability...Mcgregor may even get Kod, floyd punched pretty hard if he kept pacquiao, cotto, and canelo off him, they gained respect for floyd as the fight went on. Maybe floyd hit possibly even harder than he used to, till the knucles gave out? Who knows, but what i do know is, Mcgrgor can be Kod by ricky hatton at this moment

Comment

I think if Canelo hypothetically speaking beats both Chavez Jr and GGG that Money May would consider that fight.

Reasons being Canelo is way more popular now than he was when he fought Mayweather years back and that fight would generate over 9 figures I bet.

Comment

This would be the first time Floyd ever fought anyone his whole career with a reach advantage and power at their natural weight, so I'd like to see it.

The only thing is, Floyd likes to say he's the A-Side, but Mcgregor's PPVs since the Pacquiao fight have smoked Floyd's. Even so, Mcgregor is already making the biggest concession. He is leaving his sport for Floyd's. In return, it's only fair that if Mcgregor is fighting in Floyd's sport, that Floyd should at least fight in Mcgregor's weight class, 154 (or 155) lbs, especially considering Floyd has also competed in that weight class against BOXERS, so why wouldn't he be able to against Mcgregor?

Mcgregor did make 145 a couple years ago, but that was 3 round fights, 5 rounds at most, and that was before he added a ton of muscle to move up to 170. Shorter fights apparently require more strength and weight cutting, but have less need for stamina. For boxing, Mcgregor won't be able to cut as much weight and still function in potential later rounds.

Not that Floyd cares, but staging this fight only to have Mcgregor gas and stop throwing punches after 3 rounds is just going to set the sport back even further. At least do it at 154 lbs or even 160 lbs (they could make a special belt for it and Floyd could claim won a belt at middleweight too), so that the charade at least lasts a few minutes.
            Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-29-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Well look like GGG/Canelo (If they don't get upset) fight will have to be move to Dec now

Comment

Too much easy money to be made, i dont see how this fight wont happen

Comment

Why would either of these guys NOT WANT THIS FIGHT? Connor is looking at the biggest payday possible for him and his career, so what if he gets ko'd, he stands to make 100 mil with the back-end $. He's been ko'd and choked out before...FOR A CAREER high pay day for 3 min of fight time. Floyd is looking at another easy victory and a bunch of money.....WHY WOULD EITHER OF THESE GUYS NOT WANT THIS FIGHT?

Comment

I can't actually believe that Showtime (or any network) would be willing to pay Floyd $100 million to fight Conor McGregor! I won't be mad at Floyd if they are willing to do it, but it would surprise me that someone would do such a thing!

Comment

Working...
                    X