Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Fighters Were Fighting Five or Six Times a Year...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Yes, bfd. It would be terrible to see a good fighter in the ring often where he stays sharp. A real travesty.
    we want to see good fights, not mismatches.

quality > quantity

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      we want to see good fights, not mismatches.

quality > quantity
      I get that, but what about opportunities? With more fighters fighting often, wouldn't there be more fighters at work? I mean, yes, there would be mismatches. There are mismatches now, with months or years in between fights. It's gotten pathetic, man. I started following the sport in the 90s and guys fought 4 or 5 times a year all the time. it made for a more interesting popular sport.

Comment

I get that, but what about opportunities? With more fighters fighting often, wouldn't there be more fighters at work? I mean, yes, there would be mismatches. There are mismatches now, with months or years in between fights. It's gotten pathetic, man. I started following the sport in the 90s and guys fought 4 or 5 times a year all the time. it made for a more interesting popular sport.
        i dont get the argument.

people should get paid but would we pay to see it ?

pac vs horn ?!?!?!? imagine 5 of those a year.

what we need are more touneys.

Comment

i dont get the argument.

people should get paid but would we pay to see it ?

pac vs horn ?!?!?!? imagine 5 of those a year.

what we need are more touneys.
          That's fine. Anything to get them in the ring more. These guys are being wasted.

Comment

That's fine. Anything to get them in the ring more. These guys are being wasted.
            then ''we'' should never whine about mismatches. everyone has to ''eat''.

Comment

They should fight more than twice per year, that's for sure. You likely have 3-4 prime years only resulting in max 8 fights. Just the way it works these days with management, promotion, etc. for elite guys.

Comment

then ''we'' should never whine about mismatches. everyone has to ''eat''.
                Mismatches are better than no matches.

Comment

Mismatches are better than no matches.
                  on this we disagree. unless i hated the no hoper, i wouldnt bother watching.

Comment

on this we disagree. unless i hated the no hoper, i wouldnt bother watching.
                    That's fine. Agree to disagree.

Comment

How many would stay unbeaten? How many more matches would be made where new stars could rise? Would the "0" really matter that much anymore? Would boxing's popularity rise with more exposure?
                      Thoughts and opinions?
                      So HBO is just going to show the same 2 fighters the entire year and that's it?

Comment

Working...
                      X