Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judge Rules Against Golden Boy in Its Lawsuit Against Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
    Wait... aren't you the gut praising the new GBP-ESPN deal were fighters will make less than $10 per fight?

You're pathetic.
    You have to excuse him. He's BIG MAD right now

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    I think one of the significantly relevant points will be that even though he retains a "promoter" on paper to run the event, Haymon pays that "promoter" a flat fee, but it is Haymon that receives and controls all the advertising and ticket revenue. That makes Haymon a de facto promoter, in direct violation of the Ali Act.......

the Ali Act is pretty specific when it states that a manager cannot profit from the promotion of a boxer. Seeing that Haymon pockets all the ticket money and ad revenue, I dont see any other inference that could be drawn other than that he is in violation.........

(b) FIREWALL BETWEEN PROMOTERS AND MANAGERS-

***8216;(1) IN GENERAL- It is unlawful for--

***8216;(A) a promoter to have a direct or indirect financial interest in the management of a boxer; or

***8216;(B) a manager--

***8216;(i) to have a direct or indirect financial interest in the promotion of a boxer; or

***8216;(ii) to be employed by or receive compensation or other benefits from a promoter, except for amounts received as consideration under the manager***8217;s contract with the boxer
    none of that matters in the least. The Ali Act states that it is unlawful for a manager to have a financial interest in the promotion of a boxer. Period.

Haymon is a licensed manager. PBC (controlled by Haymon) has a financial interest in the promotions it controls. End of story.

this is not difficult to understand. Haymon is in violation of the Ali Act. Its not even debatable. Now whether or not the govt actually does anything about it is another matter alltogether......
    No one can argue that Haymon absorbing more market share hurts Oscars company. So the time to put a stop to it is now, not 2 years from now when it is fully intrenched.

Oscars position is that since boxing has no anti-trust exemption like the other major sports do, what Haymon is doing constitutes a restraint of trade. Oscar is using Haymons obvious Ali Act violations as the bait to get a judge (or the Dept of Justice) to issue a TRO which would pretty much shut PBC down. If that doesnt happen, then by the time this lawsuit gets anywhere, the damage will already be done. I think its a pretty good strategy

As for GBPs stable, its a bit thin these days. A few possibles like Saddam Ali or one of the Gomez boys might develop, and Matthysse is still with them, but other than that its slim pickens. And most of the stable are young guys that are 2-3 years away from the big stage......

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      You have to excuse him. He's BIG MAD right now
      LOL

That guy/girl is a freaking moron.

Maybe the most useless thing on this forum.

Comment

LOL

That guy/girl is a freaking moron.

Maybe the most useless thing on this forum.
        First it was ALI ACT! ALI ACT!

Now it's FIDUCIARY DUTY! FIDUCIARY DUTY!

Golden Boy should've hired NSB lawyers instead of those high powered attorneys they hired

Comment

First it was ALI ACT! ALI ACT!

Now it's FIDUCIARY DUTY! FIDUCIARY DUTY!

Golden Boy should've hired NSB lawyers instead of those high powered attorneys they hired
          Ahahahaha!

It's what happens when you deem yourself a boxing expert. You develop a form of delusion also known as brain damage.

Comment

Ahahahaha!

It's what happens when you deem yourself a boxing expert. You develop a form of delusion also known as brain damage.
            We all make wrong predictions. I've made a lot of them myself. My problem is with guys declaring something as fact. You can read thru the old threads and see some guys giving their opinion based on the information released. Then you have other guys, like onepunch, declaring certain things as fact without having all the information. And they refuse to admit they were wrong. They refuse to admit it's something personal against Haymon. They just move onto the next baseless attack. But he's the so called expert because he used to promote shows.....

Comment

We all make wrong predictions. I've made a lot of them myself. My problem is with guys declaring something as fact. You can read thru the old threads and see some guys giving their opinion based on the information released. Then you have other guys, like onepunch, declaring certain things as fact without having all the information. And they refuse to admit they were wrong. They refuse to admit it's something personal against Haymon. They just move onto the next baseless attack. But he's the so called expert because he used to promote shows.....
              He is a small thinking loser.

That guy actually believes boxing would be better off with little shidday shows that help guys get on HBO... a network that is almost out of boxing. He's dumb.

Comment

That guy actually believes boxing would be better off with little shidday shows that help guys get on HBO... a network that is almost out of boxing. He's dumb.
                That's the old way of thinking that has gotten boxing relegated to the niche sport it is now. They don't acctount for other factors such as competition from another combat sport. People love to bring up the fact Arum built Mayweather, DLH, and Pacquiao into stars. That was a time where there was very little competition from other promoters and no competition from another combat sport. Since competition has increased what stars has Arum built? These people don't adjust with the times. They're stuck in the old ways of doing business. PBC may or may not fail. But one thing you can't deny is Haymon saw the eventually failing of the old model and tried to create a new model. Where would boxing be right now with no PBC? A cpl cards a year on Showtime and HBO (with most of HBO cards on PPV).

Comment

it is a fact that Haymon is violating the Ali Act. Some hack judge saying otherwise doesnt change that one bit. All the judge commented on was who was performing specfic tasks, not who was controlling the revenue. How you can claim with a straight face that Haymon is not "profiting" from the promotion of a boxer is laughable, considering it is Haymon who gets all the ticket and advertising revenue from the events.

And like Ive said many times, the Justice Dept has never filed a single case regarding an Ali Act violation since its inception. I guess in your mind that must mean no violations have ever occurred, because no judge ever said so.
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

That's the old way of thinking that has gotten boxing relegated to the niche sport it is now. They don't acctount for other factors such as competition from another combat sport. People love to bring up the fact Arum built Mayweather, DLH, and Pacquiao into stars. That was a time where there was very little competition from other promoters and no competition from another combat sport. Since competition has increased what stars has Arum built? These people don't adjust with the times. They're stuck in the old ways of doing business. PBC may or may not fail. But one thing you can't deny is Haymon saw the eventually failing of the old model and tried to create a new model. Where would boxing be right now with no PBC? A cpl cards a year on Showtime and HBO (with most of HBO cards on PPV).
                    Yep. I wouldn't be at all suprised if HBOs boxing budget this year was under $20 million. A shrinking dying part of the business.

I can't wait to see HBO get out of boxing. Then we'll see who the real business guys are...

Comment

you need BOTH you stupidass. Seen alot of 7-0 guys on HBO or Showtime lately? They need to be DEVELOPED dummy, and that doesnt require $500k or multi-million budget shows

Comment

Working...
                      X