Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd schools Dan Rafael ''..TR sat Walters on the shelf for a year..'' (Loma)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Ok so now it's "behind closed doors".
    Again we don't know. I'm not the one making claims that no other offer was presented. Thr burden of proof is on the person making the claim. In this case it's you.

I'm stating facts. Again 550k was offered, for Loma and Walters declined.

Comment

Floyd tells fat Dan that the public shall not be fooled, regardless of what some lawyer told Dan...

dislike the guy all you want.....

but hes absolutely 100% right...

one day they'll love you like no tomorrow....next day they'll wipe their ass with you

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        Again we don't know. I'm not the one making claims that no other offer was presented. Thr burden of proof is on the person making the claim. In this case it's you.

I'm stating facts. Again 550k was offered, for Loma and Walters declined.
        Find me a link by Dan Rafael about the revised 550k, at least try that. Why? Because he's the one who initially reported 300k and was verified by industry

Comment

Find me a link by Dan Rafael about the revised 550k, at least try that. Why? Because he's the one who initially reported 300k and was verified by industry

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ee-bout-nov-26

Comment

• That article doesn't prove a guarantee purse of 550k by Top Rank. Arum said would earn, which is all consistent with the win bonus. He had to beat Loma to get the 550k, but the purse still stayed the same at 300k. For Arum to say he "didn't have funds" to accommodate Walters purse before is utter bull****. People always seem to leave out that to lure another fighter with a bonus IF you win has nothing to do with the guaranteed purse.

Hence, Rafael is quoting what Arum said in this article interview yet Floyd asked Rafael directly, "Why is that what Bob told you?" Then Rafael says no, "that's why his Lawyer told me..."

Hence Rafael lies right then and there caught in his failed bias fanboy journalism it's really sad this sport has to endure such pathetic politics from some fat dude like so...

Did you get it? And yet again, Top Rank sat out Walters with no fights despite this comedic fiasco.

Comment

That article doesn't prove a guarantee purse of 550k by Top Rank. Arum said would earn, which is all consistent with the win bonus. He had to beat Loma to get the 550k, but the purse still stayed the same at 300k. For Arum to say he "didn't have funds" to accommodate Walters purse before is utter bull****. People always seem to leave out that to lure another fighter with a bonus IF you win has nothing to do with the guaranteed purse.

Hence, Rafael is quoting what Arum said in this article interview yet Floyd asked Rafael directly, "Why is that what Bob told you?" Then Rafael says no, "that's why his Lawyer told me..."

Hence Rafael lies right then and there caught in his failed bias fanboy journalism it's really sad this sport has to endure such pathetic politics from some fat dude like so...

Did you get it? And yet again, Top Rank sat out Walters with no fights despite this comedic fiasco.

The article says 550k is what Top Rank told him. It says nothing about he'd earn 300k and an additional 250k if he won. I don't know how you know that as I've read nowhere where that was mentioned. Only additional money he'd make if he won was the proposition made by Loma to grant him an additional 300k which would have totaled 850k if he won.

If you have proof otherwise that Walter's was only guaranteed 550k if he won, please provide links.

Comment

• Walters admitted he turned down a career payday. How did Floyd school Dan?

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  The article says 550k is what Top Rank told him. It says nothing about he'd earn 300k and an additional 250k if he won. I don't know how you know that as I've read nowhere where that was mentioned. Only additional money he'd make if he won was the proposition made by Loma to grant him an additional 300k which would have totaled 850k if he won.

If you have proof otherwise that Walter's was only guaranteed 550k if he won, please provide links.
                  Don't know if you're being naive or you can't read subtext. Arum said "they had the money to now make the fight... yet his official purse came back down again to 300k on fight night... Is this some fictional torment or the usual Arum lies. You have the budget but then you don't?

Floyd had fun with this one right?

And again, your just a Top Rank fanboy as you still haven't given an opinion as to why TR didn't get Walters fights. You wouldn't make a good defense lawyer I'll tell you that..

Comment

Don't know if you're being naive or you can't read subtext. Arum said "they had the money to now make the fight... yet his official purse came back down again to 300k on fight night... Is this some fictional torment or the usual Arum lies. You have the budget but then you don't?

And again, your just a Top Rank fanboy as you still haven't given an opinion as to why TR didn't get Walters fights. You wouldn't make a good defense lawyer I'll tell you that..

Arum threw Nicholas under the bus.

He didn't lift a finger to make that fight when they were both at 126.

Comment

Im not the one making claims and then asking other people for prove otherwise. It is you doing that. Remember the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

So again like you're 5 years old. In June according to Top Rank 550k was offered to Walters for the Lomachenko fight. The report didn't state that the guarantee was only 300k and an additional 250k would be given to him if he won it said 550k would be his pay.
                      If this is not accurate and Top Rank lied to Dan, then why didn't anyone with knowledge of the negotiations report this as false? Why didn't Walters? Walters gave an interview as to why he turned down the fight and the offer of 550k. Nowhere did he mention that he was getting only 300k guarantee. So I'll ask how do you know this? Where is your proof for this outrageous claim?

As far as other offers for other fights, again I don't know if other offers were brought to Walters. I'm not claiming that there were or not. I don't know if Arum didn't want to, if he had no HBO dates or if HBO wanted no other opponent for Walters other than Loma, again I don't know.

You keep harping on that as a way to distract from the fact that Walters turned down his biggest purse to date. He had every right to turn down that fight, it was his prerogative, but then he nor Mayweather in this case can claim Arum purposely sat him on the shelf till late November.

Comment

Working...
                      X