Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premium Strengths - The HBO vs. Showtime Viewership Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Premium Strengths - The HBO vs. Showtime Viewership Battle

By Cliff Rold - This weekend, boxing fans with subscriptions to premium cable outlets HBO and Showtime can complain that the two shows will run head to head. They can't complain about what they're getting. Both networks have the sort of matches that can provide fight of the year type action in the main event. Showtime might be able to say the same about their co-main...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good Article......

Comment

HBO will always have more viewership, they have more shows that attract more subscribers, game of thrones, etc....they've been building since the sopranos, **** before that

Showtime has shameless and homeland, not even as close as popular

So of course more people naturally have their tv on hbo regardless of weekday

So I don't understand why we battle about boxing viewers between the two

But let's get it clear, for a long time now showtime has had better boxing content

More compelling fights

Floyd shifted the paradigm when he left hbo

That's hbo fault for not giving him more money

We don't need to rely on hbo anymore solely for boxing

Frankly we shouldn't rely on our sport to be on cable premium at all
      But that's another story
      Last edited by miked85; 01-26-2017, 06:28 AM. Reason: Add more

Comment

What battle??? Anyone even seen HBO's upcoming schedule to SHOWTIME???

Showtime is like GGG and Floyd Mayweather while HBO is like Dominic Wade and Andre Berto.

Comment

Good article as always Cliff. I would rather have cards on different Saturdays as a fan. That said competition is good for me as a fan so long as both networks try to outdo the other and put on the best card possible

Comment

Lmao this is hillarious. Who's fighting on Hbo? Because everyone I know is talking about the Frampton- Santa Cruz fight. This article is nothing but an attempt to steal viewers from the real fight and that's on Showtime. I figured out a long time ago that boxingscene is bias against hbo,arum,GBP. Francisco Vargas a guy who failed a vada test b4 his last fight with Salido and no one batted an eye. Not any 4 page articles from Hauser and not 40-50 threads on Boxingscene about it. How Vargas-Salido won foty over Porter-Thurman baffles me. Two of the best welterweights on the planet lose foty to two drug cheats. It's no surprise y'all robbed Huck-Glowacki for Foty the previous year also. I guess if you fight on PBC you're not eligible for any awards. Had Vargas been signed to Haymon or Floyd we would still be talking about him cheating to This day

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              What battle??? Anyone even seen HBO's upcoming schedule to SHOWTIME???

Showtime is like GGG and Floyd Mayweather while HBO is like Dominic Wade and Andre Berto.
              Lmao I'm trying to figure out that also. This article is nothing but a HBO fluff piece.

Comment

There is no war HBO is beating Showtime in the ratings (Still HBO shouldn't really be happy)

The problem is that PBC boxers were not build up right just guy that hot-shot into winning belts that not the way to get people to follow a boxer...Look at Lomachencko (HBO) dude was hot-shot to the belt in he's 2nd fight that not smart buildup

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  There is no war HBO is beating Showtime in the ratings (Still HBO shouldn't really be happy)

The problem is that PBC boxers were not build up right just guy that hot-shot into winning belts that not the way to get people to follow a boxer...Look at Lomachencko (HBO) dude was hot-shot to the belt in he's 2nd fight that not smart buildup
                  What PBC guys have not been "built up.right". Lmao they wasn't even going to use sanctioning bodies belts at PBC but then the nerd crew Steve Kim, Fischer, rafael.etc started writing articles complaining about it.

Comment

I already cancelled my HBO subscription. I honestly don't think they are invested in the future of boxing. Showtime has the welterweight and the jr middleweight divisions on lock. And with the rising of Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder, they will definitely have the heavyweight division on lock. And its now to the point, I just can't stand the HBO commentators. In the late 80's and 90's, Lampley was my favorite. But now I can see his loyalty is to HBO and not boxing. Max used to be good as well, but he has turned to a company man like Lampley. There are times I wonder what fight they are watching, because I see a totally different fight. Showtime's commentators are worlds apart and better than HBO's. They actually call the fight instead of trying to dissect it from their own personal perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X